What would Grier need to do to make Linderbaum a possible draft pick for Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would Grier need to do to make Linderbaum a possible draft pick for Miami?

29 is valued around 650 and 15 around 1050. So I think it would take our 2nd rd pick, or a combo of slightly lower
That's what I was thinking as well. Linderbaum would likely have to fall to around 18-20 to have a realistic trade up opportunity.

In 1983, this kid named Dan Marino slid all the way down to the 27th pick due to rumors he did drugs.

In 2016, this kid named Laremy Tunsil slid down to the 13th pick after a picture of him smoking out of a gas mask turned bong.

There is a theme here. So I think Grier either needs to start some rumors or take a photoshop class.

Other than that, if he is available at 29 take him, if not proceed according to their board.

Remember Chance Warmack from Bama 7-8 years ago. Second coming of a 15 year All Pro lineman who could not miss - but he did. Quentin Nelson from the Colts is a perennial All Pro guard and what has that led them the last 5 years? Have not won their division in the last 7 years. Build me a line with solid players who function as a solid group and draft me guys who play QB, edge, LT, corner, and WR.

Jameson Williams is probably the one player in this draft within reach that I’d gladly give up assets to go get. Maybe Burks.

I would not trade up for a lineman unless he’s a LT. I’d just throw money at Ryan Jensen and be done with the position for the next 3-4 years.

Drafting a center in the 1st is already a bit sketchy. Trading up to get him? No thank you!

A bunch of good centers in this draft, no reason to give up much needed assets.

Jameson Williams is probably the one player in this draft within reach that I’d gladly give up assets to go get. Maybe Burks.

I would not trade up for a lineman unless he’s a LT. I’d just throw money at Ryan Jensen and be done with the position for the next 3-4 years.
This.

If im trading up and Linderbaum, Williams, and/or Burks are on the board, im taking Burks or Williams.

I'm down with going after Linderbaum, but the cost could be too great. Who else needs a great Center? What's the highest pick spent on a Center before?

I'm seriously hoping that this combine, moreso than other years, inflates as many QB's into the top 10 as possible. If 5 QB'S go before 29, I'll be happy af.

What do you do if Linderbaum, Raimann, Burks, and London are available at 29?
Outside of getting a great center, I'm open to anything that works.

Linderbaum will likely be an exceptional Center. If there is some way we can maneuver to get him, I'd like to see us try. Other than that, there are probably other pretty good Centers, and I would settle for one of them.

Linderbaum's one of the guys I hope falls to 29th, but like others he probably won't. I would NOT trade up for him.

Edit - Thinking about it - If he falls a little - and we have to trade up slightly with a later rd pick to jump a team in the mid to late 20's - OK, I'd like that. But no big trade up.

Last edited:
we're not trading up for a center so get over it
Wow, it's easy to get you "wound around the axle".

As much as I'd like to see us get Linderbaum, my basic focus is getting a good center.
Any good Center will do. I just think that Linderbaum would excel at Center. I would sure like that to be with the Dolphins.

Let the draft come to you, trading.up for a Center is a bit risky considering how few times a Center is picked in the 1st.

Do your homework, how many teams might be In the market for a Center, then of those teams, which would take a Center before another position.

If it looks like there may be 2 or more teams after #18, that may pull the trigger...Then maybe try to move up if that is your priority.
My feeling about offensive lines is that you start with the center. That is why I'd like to see if there is a way to get Linderbaum.

If the cost is too high, then we can get someone else.

We do have some cap space and some good draft picks next year that just might make getting Lindenbaum a possibility for us.

I'm open to any effective change the new HC and current GM want to make via Free Agency and the Draft.

Last edited:
As far as the football player goes, he's absolutely one of the top 20 players in the draft. That said, due to being a Center he'll likely get selected after 20 and he may well be there for us around 29. We never know who will slide but some great ones always do, and in this draft I think we'll be surprised how he ends up going right around our pick in Rd 1.
A side note is that our new OL Coach also had a pretty good Center at Boston College that he may (or may not) be comfortable taking a little later in the draft. I could see that being a real possible scenario come draft day.
Having watched some of Lindstrom's BC highlights, I don't think he's half the player Linderbaum is. Lindstrom has slower feet, is a bit clunky on technique, and not a banger. He does do well making contact, and he does play smart football though.
Thanks for adding some supporting depth to your reasoning.
I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom