What Would It Take For Miami To Be Serious Contenders In 2019? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would It Take For Miami To Be Serious Contenders In 2019?

I think he is a FA if he buys himself out for $2M or something like that, which is what he will likely do. The eagles may be able to try and franchise him in an attempt to trade though, but not sure if they would do that since they can't pay him that much.

I f****** dare Howie, he ain't getting s*** for Foles, let them pay a backup 25 mil.

Hope they enjoyed Tate, he sure was expensive!

These guys are such stumble bums this will probably be one of our better seasons because they are supposedly trying to lose. David Fales will come of age, I can see it now.

I love threads like this they do make me laugh. Well we need an elite QB we need this s top 10 D blah blah blah. Fact is this could be turned round quicker than people expect geez even gase took us to the playoffs his first season with Kiko as our only LB. no secondary, the same shitty OL and RT throwing the ball.

Nobody knows how Flores will fair nobody knows who we draft or pick up in FA so I’d say if the stars align then your in with a shot. We pick up a QB who plays better than RT in the draft we draft solid OL and DL and make 2 or 3 solid FA signings then we have a chance just like going from
1-15 to 11-5 in 1 year with an unknown HC or ending up with a worse record than this year. The NFL has more parity than the English premier league so I will hold fire with my predictions until at least the draft is over and we know who is coaching us.

Serious contenders? Not gonna happen. To finish with a Wild Card?

Win the Turnover Margin. Run the ball effectively. Find a diamond in the rough QB in the Draft.

We're not going to be contenders in 2019.....the only thing we'll content for is the top pick in the 2020 draft.

I'm a firm believer that the teams are made by their coaching staffs. Every team in the NFL has good talent. Sure, there's a difference, but the difference isn't as great as it seems to most people. Every year there are major turnarounds. Just look at the NFC South. One year the Carolina Panthers are in the Super Bowl and very close to winning it with NFL MVP Cam Newton. Another year the Atlanta Falcons are dominating the Patriots in the Super Bowl and if not for shifting away from their successful aggressive defense into a Prevent Defense that only prevents winning, Atlanta would have won a Super Bowl. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have ebbed and flowed during that time tasting both success and failure. Now a resurgent defense has enabled Drew Brees to lead the New Orleans Saints to the best record in the NFL, home field advantage in the NFC Championship in the Super Dome, and possibly a Super Bowl.

And this year the former Super Bowl Atlanta Falcons were terrible, and the former Super Bowl Carolina Panthers were poor, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers hit rock bottom and flushed their entire coaching staff. All of this from one division in just a few years. Most of those teams are still in tact. What truly made those teams rise from mediocrity to the doorstep of a Super Bowl ring, and back down into mediocrity? Not a lot.

So, I'm of the mind that coaching wins. Don Shula hemorrhaged coaches and coordinators every year, yet he kept winning games and divisions and kept competing for greatness. Today Bill Belichick is doing that as well. Look at the 4 teams left in the playoffs. Each has a top coach and a top QB. The coaches may be the best 4 coaches in the NFL--Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Andy Reid, and Sean McVay the up-and-coming wunder-kind. The QB's are pretty good too, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, MVP candidate Pat Mahomes, and former 1st overall pick in the entire draft Jared Goff.

So yeah, without a top coach, we're not winning. But Sean McVay flipped the script in one year. IMHO, if you can find the next great coach, you can do it. But a mediocre coach like Sparano isn't likely to do it, and even if he does, he can't sustain it.

IMHO, none of our remaining head coaching candidates are good enough to do it. Fortunately, our best strategy is to suck for a year and get a good young QB in the 2020 draft, and that looks to be what we're going to do. But … don't be surprised if some journeyman QB engineers a late-season run to deprive us of a top pick, kinda like what happened just before the Andrew Luck draft.

I don't understand how a fan base that has seen their team go from 1-15 to 11-5 the season after, can say it's not possible to be contenders after a 7-9 season.
It can happen just extremely unlikely here

Nick foles
Greedy williams
Legit free agent dt
Legit free agent guard
Legit defensive scheme
Legit offensive scheme
Draft trenches after greedy
Throw in a defensive end somewhere somehow lol

Back
Top Bottom