What would it take to trade from 5 to 3? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would it take to trade from 5 to 3?

He's not even close to out of the woods and I doubt he will be, before the draft. I doubt he'll be able to hold a pro day or throw for teams, for example. Tua said it at his press conference. This is about faith.

Tua had a good report but he isn't even out of the woods so to speak needs another 16 weeks, not sure how long it will be for him to get on the field just to test and see where he is at, all this speculation that some team will jump ahead of us is crap, who's going to bet on him jumping over us at 5 when they don't even know if he will make it back on to the field and he will be a different player if he does, I don't see him running for 1st downs anymore, he use to be the best passer in college is he still?

All this crap is over hyped, and a big gamble for the Dolphins to take him at 5 and sit him a year not knowing if he will ever see the field again, how did the gamble turn out with 2 of our top picks both could be consider top 5 Tunsil and Mankah - we didn't make out on either. Spending additional resources to move up in the draft would be foolish. There are QB's coming out in 2021.

Thank you. A voice of sanity!!!

Tua had a good report but he isn't even out of the woods so to speak needs another 16 weeks, not sure how long it will be for him to get on the field just to test and see where he is at, all this speculation that some team will jump ahead of us is crap, who's going to bet on him jumping over us at 5 when they don't even know if he will make it back on to the field and he will be a different player if he does, I don't see him running for 1st downs anymore, he use to be the best passer in college is he still?

All this crap is over hyped, and a big gamble for the Dolphins to take him at 5 and sit him a year not knowing if he will ever see the field again, how did the gamble turn out with 2 of our top picks both could be consider top 5 Tunsil and Mankah - we didn't make out on either. Spending additional resources to move up in the draft would be foolish. There are QB's coming out in 2021.

The first part is completely true, it's hard to imagine, if he's not done the combine physical tests, which he won't, or done a pro day, which he probably won't, or tried out for teams, which again he probably won't. That a team like the Chargers or the Colts for instance will be willing to trade up to get him. You are probably right that, he could still be there when we pick. The question the dolphins will have with themselves, if they are set on him, do they take that chance that one of those teams try to jump them. Honestly if they are bought in, the smart thing to do is not take the chance and move up.

The second paragraph of your post, I disagree with you on. If there was ever a time for the fins to take a gamble it's now, in this rebuilding mode, where we have three first round picks and a further two in the next round. Even if we flipped all three of those firsts to Washington for example we would still be sitting with 1 first this year 2 seconds and 2 firsts next year. The QB class of 21 is not going to be very deep, if we continue to play as hard as we did this year we are going to be nowhere near where we need to to draft Fields or Lawrence and Houston won't either unless they lose both Watson and Watt to season long injuries before week 1. Whatever price you pay to move up will be a bargain if Tua becomes an elite QB in this league, it's a gamble on health grounds for sure, but it's one we simply have to take.

He's not even close to out of the woods and I doubt he will be, before the draft. I doubt he'll be able to hold a pro day or throw for teams, for example. Tua said it at his press conference. This is about faith.

Right.

"Faith." Wow. Overused and abused word...

Like flat Earth theory... We need to stick to the facts on this one.

I think Miami needs to try and get to 2. That would cost 5 and 18 and you can throw in a 2nd next year if Washington resists. If Washington is set to take Tua there's probably nothing you can offer within reason that will pry that pick away.

it's a gamble on health grounds for sure, but it's one we simply have to take.
Its always a gamble IMO, there is always risk... Tua's risk was minimal before the injury, the hip just put him back in line with Burrow, who's risk is sample size... The other QBs in this draft are far riskier. They are not there yet, the risk is that they actually never get there.

Besides, after winning 5 games, the only reason Tua is a talking point here is the injury, if that doesnt occur, Fins couldnt trade for him even if they wanted to...

Back
Top Bottom