What Would Plan B Be? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would Plan B Be?

Trading all those assets to move up to grab Tua is why so many top QB qbs fail. You put them in a dire situation of having to carry the team far too early in their careers that they may never live up to what you need them to be and they end up ok or fail out of the league. This isn’t anything against Tua as I have made my desire for him known, but I also don’t want to **** the kid over and say “hey we gave up the farm for you. Don’t make us regret it because all our careers are in the line.”

You get the first pick or trade your assets to get Tua.

Tua is plan A, B, C, and D.

How did trading work for Washington when they traded for RG3?

Trading up for Tua is a mistake. We had our chance to tank and Cincinnati outtanked us. We are more than just a QB away.

You get what you deserve when you trade for a crappy QB..

How do you know Tua is a sure thing in the NFL? He hasn’t had a season in college where he wasn’t injured. The NFL is much more physical than college and defenses are faster. Giving up all of our picks for 1 player is a mistake.

I think you just bite the bullet and trade what it takes to secure Tua Tagovailoa. That's Plan B.
I know everyone wants to hang onto draft picks, but if you have to trade some of the treasure to get a franchise quarterback I'm all in. I don't think you can win big without a top 10 caliber quarterback.

The question really is what quarterbacks fit the bill. I think Tua is the best bet. Others have a lot of traits to work with.

Who's talking about Tua...READ.....I SAID RG3 WAS A CRAPPY QB

I know everyone wants to hang onto draft picks, but if you have to trade some of the treasure to get a franchise quarterback I'm all in. I don't think you can win big without a top 10 caliber quarterback.

The question really is what quarterbacks fit the bill. I think Tua is the best bet. Others have a lit of traits to work with.

If anything it's encouraging how these coaches seem to be able to (given enough time) turn complete dog sh-t into a working NFL defense.

And to get great returns on wide receivers like DeVante Parker (never consistent) and Preston Williams (rookie UDFA) despite inconsistent QB play (3 out of 9 games of Josh Rosen) and an XFL offensive line. Toss the resurrection of Mike Gesicki into that as well.

To me...that encourages me EVEN MORE to focus my assets into the all-important QB position that has allowed the New England Patriots to dominate professional football for two decades.

Yes you will absolutely also have to focus assets into the offensive line. No doubt.

Dude,,i responded to your post about RG3.....really!!!..WTF!! are you talking about?
Your the one adding the extra crap..

There are many ways to hit a grand slam.

You couldn't teach Peyton Manning to do the things Ryan Leaf could do. But many mistakenly believed they could teach Ryan Leaf to do the things Peyton Manning did.

very fair point I see what your saying. On the other end I don’t see Fromm as the standard as someone like Peyton manning for comparisons sake.

Getting Tua would have been easy if we would have not gone for meaningless wins! That ship has sailed due to meaningless wins. Cincinnati will get him. Burrow will likely fall to us if we have the 4th pick. If Flo stops with these meaningless wins.

If anything it's encouraging how these coaches seem to be able to (given enough time) turn complete dog sh-t into a working NFL defense.

And to get great returns on wide receivers like DeVante Parker (never consistent) and Preston Williams (rookie UDFA) despite inconsistent QB play (3 out of 9 games of Josh Rosen) and an XFL offensive line. Toss the resurrection of Mike Gesicki into that as well.

To me...that encourages me EVEN MORE to focus my assets into the all-important QB position that has allowed the New England Patriots to dominate professional football for two decades.

Yes you will absolutely also have to focus assets into the offensive line. No doubt.
Great point CK. With the coaching staff working minor miracles, a great quarterback can turn the tide.

Identify who the QB of the future is and get him. That should be the only plan.
Its possible that it could be several with this coaching staff? Think about the scouting report on Lamar Jackson. Accuracy was his major issue. That still shows up from time to time, but that coaching staff in Baltimore has found ways to use his talents and he's clearly improving.

My point? Maybe Love or Eason, two very talented quarterbacks who aren't quite there yet could be the answer in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom