What would you choose? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you choose?

We’re on the clock at 3 and we have 3 suitors calling and offering the following..

Cincy offers #5 and 2022#1

Detroit offers #7 #72 and 2022 #1

Carolina offers #8 and #39

Which are you choosing?
cincy… still get a stud at 5

Detroit for sure. Getting that 1 next year is huge they should regress and their defense is a mess. You could package that extra 3rd this year to move up or kick it down the road for an extra 2 next year. Ahhhh to dream.

How many times has Cincinnati made a draft day trade since their existence?

OP has been playing around with the PFN mock simulator! Those are the choices that pop up from time to time on that site.
That's exactly where it came from. I just thought it was an interesting question to ask to see where everybody stood by I was actually offered those 3 trades at the same time. Yes it's a CPU and not exactly accurate but thought it was interesting nonetheless.

1. Take Sewell

2. Trade 2-3 spots, if possible, and take Parsons (I know I'm in a very small minority on this board)

3. Trade down 4-7 spots and take a WR, I guess

4. Trade down even further for a large haul

I think 3 and 4 are about equal for me.

The Carolina Panthers at 8 are probably our most likely trade partner IMO. I would take their 2nd and 5th or next years first and this years 5th.

I think they'll be glad to take either of Fields or Wilson.

Hope one out of Smith/Chase/Waddle in that order is there.

Trading down is wonderful in theory but I'd be just as happy to take Devonta Smith at #3. We would never regret adding a superb talent like Smith to the Dolphins. If we can get picks and still get Smith then I'm in but you need an elite receiver here and can't screw it up.

The Carolina Panthers at 8 are probably our most likely trade partner IMO. I would take their 2nd and 5th or next years first and this years 5th.

I think they'll be glad to take either of Fields or Wilson.

Hope one out of Smith/Chase/Waddle in that order is there.
I don't have the pick value chart in front of me, but that sounds ridiculously light to move up 5 spots to #3 overall.

We can do way better

That's exactly where it came from. I just thought it was an interesting question to ask to see where everybody stood by I was actually offered those 3 trades at the same time. Yes it's a CPU and not exactly accurate but thought it was interesting nonetheless.

I can't tell you how many permutations I have run on that simulator. It will be even more accurate after the combine takes place when these players are more appropriately ranked than they are now. It is fun playing fantasy GM with it. If we can trade with the Lions and get their first this year and their first next year, that is what I would do because they are likely to be bad next year as well and that pick would be another high first-round selection.

I don't have the pick value chart in front of me, but that sounds ridiculously light to move up 5 spots to #3 overall.

We can do way better

Well I sure hope you're right. Price is subjective and dependent on the value the Panthers perceive the QB available at #3, either Fields or Wilson or both and how much they value say, Lance and whether they think Lance will make it to #8. I don't think those three are all that and I don't think any given one stands out from the others.

We already slighted the value #3 represents by having stated we're sticking to Tua.

Our chances of actually landing a trade from #3 depend on what Atl says, does or looks like will do.
If come draft day the Jets pick a QB, Carolina is convinced Atl and someone else are also picking QBs before #8, thus missing out on the Top 4 QBs then we'll get more.

If the trade is not for a QB, say the Lions or Eagles trading up for Micah Parsons or Surtain then we'll be lucky to get a next year first.

Who pays a Top ten pick and another first next year for a LB or CB?

Also as good as Sewell is ain't nobody trading up for a LT, within the Top 10. The Chargers might but that's lower than I'm willing to trade. We might miss on Chase, Smith and Waddle.

That's my take and that's as much as I'd give up if I were The Panthers looking to trade up for Wilson/Fields.

Otherwise we can pick Sewell or reach a lil' bit for Parsons or quite a bit for Smith/Chase. Or completely trade out of range w The Chargers and maybe get another second thrown in perhaps.

2 1sts a 2nd an 5th to trade down to The Chargers so they can pick a LT and maybe miss on the guys we want. They're not paying more than that to pick a LT. They could just pick Darrisaw instead.

Maybe I'm being generous because I see no leverage, it'll be obvious we're looking to trade down.

Last edited:
We have to trade down. #3 pick is cursed for Miami! Tainted by the infamous Jordan trade! GET IT DONE! LOL :p These trades are unusual however. Sure the Dolphins traded up for for the 3 pick in 2013. Browns traded 4, 118, 139, 211 for Vikings 3 in 2012 to draft a RB LOL (sorry Trent). Browns moved the 5 in 2009 players and 17 and 52. Point is that top 5 trades are very rare. One can certainly argue the value of Sewell. He is VERY GOOD. But I hope he kills the combine if there is one! Getting a following year #1 for a draft day trade just does not happen without a stud player being involved with picks.

Back
Top Bottom