What would you choose? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you choose?

Cincinnati is the only semi-realistic offer. The Detroit and Carolina offers are pocket change.
I disagree. The only realistic option there is with Carolina. Landing a future first without a stud player just will not happen. But I would ask for a 4th or 5th rounder in the Carolina trade. Or a later round swap at best.

That was 1) the worst draft of the decade by a wiiiiiide margin and 2) not for a QB.
Yeah but you forgot the GREAT talent the punk landed!

>>> please sir, no revisionist history, K?

:rolleyes:

For a glimpse of the good times just go back and review

that amazing haul we snagged back in '13.

Totally set your gizzard on fire!

Cin ain't trading up. If Burrow's injury looks like a 2yr one/career threatening and want a QB they know they're at least getting one of the Top 4 'cause we already said we ain't picking one. They're also not trading up for a LT when they could also just pick Parsons and say Leatherwood in the second. They also don't trade much at all.

As far as the options given by OP, the Lions, just pick Smith. I would probably also look to trade down from #18 to say #25 or #26 for another second this year and some extra change and pick Harris.

Forget LBer. I want an offense to make sure Tua has no excuses and so that our team is ready this time if we decide to go back to the QB well soon.

Last edited:
I disagree. The only realistic option there is with Carolina. Landing a future first without a stud player just will not happen. But I would ask for a 4th or 5th rounder in the Carolina trade. Or a later round swap at best.

The Colts got 3 2nd's from the Jets for moving from 3 to 6. It cost Buffalo 2 2nd's to move from 12 to 7. Watson and Mahomes both cost future 1st's. Goff and Wentz both cost multiple Day 2 picks in addition to future 1st's.

I'd be surprised if teams aren't motivated to move up for Fields or Wilson. They're both very talented. If you're getting peanuts to move down, you may as well just draft your top-rated player - Smith, Chase, Sewell, or - if they're smart - Fields or Wilson.

An interesting option would be that Atl hires a new coach and he wants a shiny new QB... gets scerred we will sell the pick to someone else and we get a haul and move back one space on the draft board... I would take their 2nd and 5th this year in that case...

The Colts got 3 2nd's from the Jets for moving from 3 to 6. It cost Buffalo 2 2nd's to move from 12 to 7. Watson and Mahomes both cost future 1st's. Goff and Wentz both cost multiple Day 2 picks in addition to future 1st's.

I'd be surprised if teams aren't motivated to move up for Fields or Wilson. They're both very talented. If you're getting peanuts to move down, you may as well just draft your top-rated player - Smith, Chase, Sewell, or - if they're smart - Fields or Wilson.
Very good analysis especially given IMO the drop between Smith- Parsons- Chase- Sewell - and the board.

I would have to be overwhelmed to drop beyond Pick #7. We need playmakers. Stars. We have NONE outside of X. We have some really nice players and pieces. But we need difference makers.
I would actually be more excited for a TRADE UP from #18 using a Rd 2.

Get out of RD 1-2 with a combo of Smith Pitts Harris Creed Humphrey and let’s sign Juju. That’s 5 Starters.

Gaskin a great RB2.
Parker a great WR3.
Bowden a great complimentary WR4
OL finally 8 deep.

In order for Miami to become true playoff contender - 2 things must occur:
1. Tua.
2. Add Stars - Playmakers.
See Devonte Adams, Michael Thomas, Hill, Kelce, Diggs etc.

I was in the stay put crowd last year at 5 and take witch ever QB was there. I was not convinced about Tua’s hip yet. We had some on here that wanted to give up all 3 first round picks last year to move up 2 spots. I think both Fields and Wilson are better prospects coming out than Darnold was. Being in pac-12 country I watched him a lot and while he was talented he was to reckless. So to move down to the 7-8 spot it’s going to take a RG3 type of deal for me to move that far.

I want two seconds , along with the teams first this year and next year. So none of the trade scenarios would be enough but if the Dolphins are determined to trade down and these are their only options, I guess the Detroit offer would be the best.

Detroit would definitely be the deal I’d choose, but if no great deals are on the table I would pick 1a Chase; 1b waddle; 2a best RB available (Harris/Ettienn) then BAP, the rest of the way maybe a couple of trade downs along the way to load up some more picks. We will be set on offence for the next 4 to 5 years with rookie contracts at our skilled positions.

Cincinnati is the only semi-realistic offer. The Detroit and Carolina offers are pocket change.
Cinci probably moves up for Sewell
Atlanta has to go defense- Parsons - maybe a CB.
With #5 and Fields still on the board- I might trade down a spot with Philly if they want Fields. Acquire an additional Rd2 or Rd3

Back
Top Bottom