What would you consider a "successful" season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you consider a "successful" season?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
.........look.........we're all Dolphins, well most of us anyway.........and we love our team, want them to be in the SuperBowl every year regardless of how feasible that actually is. However, how do you see our season finishing in order for it to be labeled a success?

a minimum of 7 wins and if the young guys play well it should be considered a decent season

If at the end of the season I have some hope or feeling that we are getting better and that Saban is indeed turning this thing around Ill consider the season a success. The wins and loses dont mean as much to me this year but we get around 6+ wins Ill be pretty happy.

We should have an 8-8 season or a 9-7 season, either way even if we go 0-16 Saban is immune from criticism as he is a rookie HC.

I would like to see the dolphins finish 10-6, but I think 9-7 record would be a good start.

I'm not gonna predict record, but if Saban has the team at 8-8 I think he should win coach of the year. I think a slow start, but finishing strongly, and playing better each week, regardless of w/l record, which is what will be looked at though.

PatsSuck456 said:
We should have an 8-8 season or a 9-7 season, either way even if we go 0-16 Saban is immune from criticism as he is a rookie HC.

Immune? Really?

As long as I feel we are going in the right direction I will be satisfied.I am perfectly willing to go through a 5 yr plan to finally get one of those things on my avatar.

8-8 is a successful season

Sabin is not amune from anything, this game is about winning and going backwards is completely unacceptable

DonShula84 said:
If at the end of the season I have some hope or feeling that we are getting better and that Saban is indeed turning this thing around Ill consider the season a success. The wins and loses dont mean as much to me this year but we get around 6+ wins Ill be pretty happy.

Exactly.

No significant injuries to any young players, giving us a full season to see what they've got is a good start. As far as wins, anything over 8 and I'm doing cartwheels.

PatsSuck456 said:

I disagree. 0-16 would be a major step backwards and we would all be calling for Saban's head.

Any respectable record 8-8 or better, young players show value, and no (more) major injuries would be a successful season to me.

Back
Top Bottom