What Would You Do And How Would You React? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would You Do And How Would You React?

If Flores pulled a McDaniels and left this team at the alter with no HC. What would you do if that happened, how would you react?
This happens almost never. The only recent one in memory is Belichick and the Jets. Anyone else remember another time?

McDaniels is the same way Gase is. They have this vision of their self grandeur because two of the greatest QBs of all time were inherited by both. Neither worked well with problem players and outsrmtayed their welcome.

McDaniels earned a chance at redemption which is fair. Considering how other coaches get nine chances at their jobs. After he backed out on the Colts could have sealed his chance outside of New England. It was panic move because he didn't want Luck unless he was healthy. I am glad his staff found success in Indy.

Now for Flores, he does have a sense of humility and great demeanor to him. I wasn't a fan of the hire but will support him as long as he shows up.

Nothing has been reported that he’s accepted the job. Regardless, I wouldn’t fault him for changing his mind.

How is any coach going to survive the tank job of the next few seasons?

Got to have that next man up mentality. It worked pretty well for the Colts! Maybe go back to Richard on Dallas.

I honesty would be dumb founded. I don’t think they have a fall back option and I’m betting Richard has told them he plans on staying with the Cowboys.
The probable fallback options are Dennis Allen of the Saints and Darren Rizzi.

Truthfully this supposed to be hiring is all speculation and I really believe its all BS. There is no definitive. He has not accepted this job. I will believe it when I see the press conference on Monday after the Chiefs annihilate the ***triots. Or after the ***triots win another Super Bowl. Because no one knows if it is true up in ***triotland. ITS ALL SPECULATION! Did anyone ask Flores? No. Did anyone ask Grier if it is true? No. Media and Sport News is all tainted till it becomes real. So far, I really don't give a **** either way. No one in their right mind would come here to TANK. Their reputations and resume would be ruined forever. Just take an inside guy and run with it. Also, let FALK, FALES, and TANNEHILL (that right Tannehill we are not gonna get rid of him watch he will be a back-up or start),and FA (whoever is cheap an available to fight for the QB starting job. Never know FALES or FALK my turn out to be good. HOLY ****! What a concept!

If he does it then he does it and we move on. I don't think he will tho and it'll be official once the pats are done. Hopefully this week

The fact that we haven't heard anything since this announcement, leads me to believe it is done, for better or worse. JM seems like a dink, this guy seems to at least have integrity. Whether he can be a good HC, we shall see. But the fact the no other info about any other coaches since this report came out reads it is done, but obviously they can't say anything, nor does Flores want to create any distraction to his current team.

Honestly it wouldn't phase me at all. I'm not impressed by his body of work. The only confidence factor at all I can see is that Chris Grier knows him personally and is his candidate. The two will be joined at the hip and both succeed or fail together. I have been happy with Grier's talent assessment in players, and think someone--most likely Grier--has improved our drafting. With very little evidence, it's a leap of faith but I'm _hoping_ that Grier is as good at picking out coaching talent as he is at picking out playing talent, although fundamentally they are different things.

If Flores backed out, it would undermine Grier as being unable to land his candidates, even when they're not in demand. So, whomever he hires is likely to be his last hire for the Dolphins regardless.

I just want a good head coach. I was hopeful when we hired Adam Gase, and it didn't work out. My expectations were higher then, and the evidence indicators supporting him as a candidate were overwhelmingly better than what we see with Flores. But hey, indicators aren't what matters, wins are. If we're tanking, I'm not that interested in who sucks up the losses so we tank and get a QB, as long as it works. If the coach tries to be instantly good and we end up mediocre, I'll be pissed. If we're instantly good, I'll get over it, if we're terrible and get to draft a top QB, I'll get over it … just don't be mediocre.

It's been more than two decades since Don Shula retired, and he was our only GREAT COACH ever. I want to get back to greatness. Throwing away draft picks on mediocre QB's because some newbie head coach thinks he can turn our chixstix into chicken salad would tick me off. Tank. Draft Jake Fromm in 2020. Rebuild and make the Dolphins great again.

I don't give a flying flock who sucks up the losses as long as they don't get in the way of tanking and getting a great QB in 2020.

Mahomes & Co. will likely drop 40+ on the Pats so it might tarnish some of the excitement. Or reinvigorate the doubters depending on perspective.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom