What would you do in this scenario? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you do in this scenario?

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
#1 Burrow
#2 Tua to Redskins. We pitched them into a trade but got turned down. They want #5, #26, #56 and a next year 2nd.

Lions offer #3 in exchange for #5 #39 and a 2nd next year... for Herbert. The Chargers already did offer #37 and their 2nd next year.

Stay put and take Love #5.

So, Tua @#2, Herbert @#3 or Love @#5?

If I stay put at 5 and the board goes as you stated I would draft either Chase Young or Jeff Okudah. I would trade back and get more picks before I would draft Love at 5. I'm ok with Love at some point, but at 5 seems like an over value to me. Sure if you pass on him at 5 you run the risk of missing out on the top 4 qbs in the draft, but could live with that. Hell you might be able to let someone else draft Love this year and then next summer trade the Texans 2021 1st round pick or even a 2021 2nd round pick for him. It seems quarterbacks value depreciate as soon as you drive them off the lot.

As a "Fan GM" with no possibility of getting fired for my picks, I'd go with Love at #5 under that scenario. I think that is a little high, but I've seen him mocked in that range recently. As far as upside goes, I think Love may have more than any quarterback in this draft. At least in terms of physical skills. I don't know where he is with intangibles and it's hard to match Tua or Burrow in that regard. But, in your scenario both Tua and Burrow are gone and Herbert would require a trade up.

Sit Love for a year behind Fitzpatrick, continue to build the offensive line and the talent on offense, and I think Love could be similar to Dak Prescott.

Take Young or Okudah. OR trade down and stockpile picks for 2021.

If we miss out on Tua, Burrow, and Herbert I'm taking a sabbatical.

Missing out on Tua and taking Herbert of Love would be like adding salt to the wound.

Only two franchise QBs in this draft as far as I'm concerned. It one thing to miss out on a franchise QB, but it makes it even worse to then overdraft and get stuck one who isn't over the next 4 years.

I would take Young, Simmons, Okudah or Brown. Build the trenches with the rest of the draft.

I will be honest here, I'm perfectly fine getting out of the 1st round with only Tua and still plenty of draft capital in the next 2 years to make most other teams jealous.

I'd say YES to the Skins and take Young...and i'd only move up for Burrow or Young. If Tua falls to 5 i think you almost have to take him but their are a few others i'd love to have at 5 as well.

Me I will get ripped for this, but take the best defense guy on the board and draft Jake (from state) Fromm

Back
Top Bottom