What would you do in this scenario? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you do in this scenario?

Tua at 5
Retain #18 get an OT
#39 go CB or FS
I’m happy.
Hit on the damn picks and spend on the right guys. #1 FA Thuney. #2 B Jones

I think I make that deal too.

IF Tua turns into Russell Wilson you got him cheap.

And yes if he doesn't you overpaid but IF you love Tua then you trust your instincts and make the move.

I will be honest here, I'm perfectly fine getting out of the 1st round with only Tua and still plenty of draft capital in the next 2 years to make most other teams jealous.

nah, dumb move. First I wouldn’t move out of five unless we’re getting Burrow and that’s not happening. And it would dumb this year to trade out of the first. This team is gutted, we need the impact players. Just gotta hope Grier doesn’t **** up the first round

nah, dumb move. First I wouldn’t move out of five unless we’re getting Burrow and that’s not happening. And it would dumb this year to trade out of the first. This team is gutted, we need the impact players. Just gotta hope Grier doesn’t (Your mom likes these words. Not sorry) up the first round
I encourage you to ignore all of my posts, I dont expect to have any kind of intelligent discussion with someone who feels the need to put the word dumb in the first sentence of 90% of his posts.

The Panthers/Colts might be willing to give up the farm for #5. Personally I think I'd stay put, take Love #5, best LT available #18 and Biadasz #26. That would guarantee Love and Rosen at least get a good OL.

Dobbins #39. KJ Hill #56. Wilson becomes expendable. Fuller FS OSU in the 3rd.

Go boundary CB in the 4th. Slot/star in the 5th. Sign a pass rusher in FA.

Last edited:
You gotta take Young. The Redskins asking price is too rich. Then take Oline at 18, and if you have to roll with RB at 26 then so be it. Take a 2nd round QB like Fromm.

Well if Burrow goes 1 and Tua 2 there will be teams trading up to get Chase Young. No way Detroit or NY passes on Young.
So the Fins would probably pick either Simmons or the OT they think is best.

At some point if you have conviction you have to stop playing scared and get your franchise quarterback

If Tua and Burrow are off the Board we look at three players ( young will not be there )

1. Brown
2. Simmons
3. Okudah

Not in that order... All three are impact players that can transform a defense.

If I stay put at 5 and the board goes as you stated I would draft either Chase Young or Jeff Okudah. I would trade back and get more picks before I would draft Love at 5. I'm ok with Love at some point, but at 5 seems like an over value to me. Sure if you pass on him at 5 you run the risk of missing out on the top 4 qbs in the draft, but could live with that. Hell you might be able to let someone else draft Love this year and then next summer trade the Texans 2021 1st round pick or even a 2021 2nd round pick for him. It seems quarterbacks value depreciate as soon as you drive them off the lot.

Exactly, if Young is still there, and they didn't take the consensus top player of the draft, then take Young with the #5 pick (Or Herbert, who I think has looked better then Love anyway), and take one of the other QBs that might still be there (Herbert , Fromm, Hurts, Eason, Gordon, Montez, Morgan...) with one of the later picks with the thought of he does not work out, next year Miami will again have multiple 1st round picks.

I'd say YES to the Skins and take Young...and i'd only move up for Burrow or Young. If Tua falls to 5 i think you almost have to take him but their are a few others i'd love to have at 5 as well.

sounds like a Dolphins move. trade up from #5 to #2 for a boatload of picks and drafting Chase Young

Back
Top Bottom