What would you do in this scenario? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you do in this scenario?

Hmm, I'd take Love, I think he may be the "it". Would have loved Tua or Burrows or even Herbert. The reason I say this is because when Mahomes came out, I didn't see all this hype over him. He wasn't even in the top 3 of the QB's at the time. He actually made it to 10. So I don't think anyone's a great evaluator of QB's in terms of what they will do at the next level. I do think the talent put around them is key. So I rather keep my picks and put the talent around whomever we pick. In the end, the talent will push us across the promise land. I've seen okay QB's win superbowls with talented teams. I watched Dan Marino set every record but never having the talented team to get him over the hump. I watched Elway lead his team, but until they added the right talent, he couldn't win a super bowl. As great a Farve was, he only won one. Russell Wilson, one. and on and on. If Fritz had the right talent around him, he'd probably be able to win one for us. Add the talent first then worry about QB.. there is next year if we have to wait.

sounds like a Dolphins move. trade up from #5 to #2 for a boatload of picks and drafting Chase Young
Lol no, a Miami move would be moving up to draft someone like....i don't know, Dion Jordon. Or, not trying to move up to get the " HANDS DOWN" best pass rusher in the draft or just about any draft. That would be so Miami....but thank god we have a good defensive football coach that understands our #1 need on this team is a pass rusher.

okudah or young at 5 hands down, dont pick a QB in 2020 if the best 3 are gone, but if love is there at 26 take him if not then go with all the ammo in 2021 for lawrence

If Tua and Burrow are off the Board we look at three players ( young will not be there )

1. Brown
2. Simmons
3. Okudah

Not in that order... All three are impact players that can transform a defense.
Tough call in terms of passing on QB at #5. I have been of mindset “best QB available at 5 no matter what”.
But I think I agree- if Tua & Burrow are IMPOSSIBLE- take Okudah, Simmons or Brown.

We still have 18, 26, 39, 56.

I offer #26 and 2021 Rd1 to move into top 10 for Love.

At #18 target OT or BPA.
At #39 RB or BPA - WR may have dropped

#1 Burrow
#2 Tua to Redskins. We pitched them into a trade but got turned down. They want #5, #26, #56 and a next year 2nd.

Lions offer #3 in exchange for #5 #39 and a 2nd next year... for Herbert. The Chargers already did offer #37 and their 2nd next year.

Stay put and take Love #5.

So, Tua @#2, Herbert @#3 or Love @#5?
I would draft Simmons and not think twice about it under this scenario . Simmons is probably the best overall defensive player in the draft and if the Dolphins were in a situation where the top three QB’s are already off the board when they draft at 5, I would hate to see them reach for Love when Simmons is still available.

Trade down and draft Simmons while picking up a first for next year to use as ammo for Lawerence, we'd have our offensive leader and defensive leader both from the same college.

Gentlemen. Please debate the thread topic without going after other posters

Personal attacks will be deleted and if they continue you will be banned from this discussion

Do not reply simply follow the rules

Trade down and draft Simmons while picking up a first for next year to use as ammo for Lawerence, we'd have our offensive leader and defensive leader both from the same college.
While I agree Simmons should be the selection if the top 3 QB’s are off the board. The reality is that the team which has the first pick in 2021 is not going to trade that pick even for three first round picks. Unless the Dolphins have that first pick there is no way they will be able to draft Lawrence even if they offered all their 2021 draft picks to move up to 1.

Back
Top Bottom