What would you give up to see the Dolphins beat the Pats? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you give up to see the Dolphins beat the Pats?

Id love to have Miami win because I’m in a massssiivvveeeeee pick em pool and I’m guessing 50%+ would be eliminated from NE losing.

Meh, we beat the Patriots in Miami all the time. I'd have been more impressed if we'd beaten the Ravens.

That being said, no, I don't think it's going to happen this year.

Damn, some people here just never learn anything. Last year we got lucky and beat the pats. A lot of people were happy as if we had just won the super bowl. Well, NE won the super bowl and we went from draft 8 to drafting 13 in EVERY round. Now tell me, how did that help out future? Oh yes, we "beat" the pats and so what? It didn't mean anything other than drafting lower. We're not beating the pats this week and it by some miracle we did, NE would still be in the super bowl this year and we'd be drafting middle of the pack once again. smh

Damn, some people here just never learn anything. Last year we got lucky and beat the pats. A lot of people were happy as if we had just won the super bowl. Well, NE won the super bowl and we went from draft 8 to drafting 13 in EVERY round. Now tell me, how did that help out future? Oh yes, we "beat" the pats and so what? It didn't mean anything other than drafting lower. We're not beating the pats this week and it by some miracle we did, NE would still be in the super bowl this year and we'd be drafting middle of the pack once again. smh

I think you're completely missing my point....of course in the scheme of things it would mean absolutely nothing, but after last week and what we're about to go thru for the next couple of years, a "shock the world" win here could ease the pain tremendously.

I think you're completely missing my point....of course in the scheme of things it would mean absolutely nothing, but after last week and what we're about to go thru for the next couple of years, a "shock the world" win here could ease the pain tremendously.
I hear you but I'm just sick of never been good enough or bad enough. Always missing on great players while drafting middle of the pack. For once I want us to do it right and now we might get our chance. I don't want to mess it up by a game that in the end won't mean anything.

I hear you but I'm just sick of never been good enough or bad enough. Always missing on great players while drafting middle of the pack. For once I want us to do it right and now we might get our chance. I don't want to mess it up by a game that in the end won't mean anything.

I think an 0-16 finish would have a awful effect on the players, organization and fanbase, so we need to win a couple of games...and better this than any other.

I would think Belichick threw the game hoping it would interfere with our getting the 1st pick of the draft.....I wouldn't put it pass him, what's losing to Miami mean to him? It's the Art of War with this guy, nothing is beyond the scope of possibility, him and Kraft owning a spy satellite has cross my mind....sitting in his office dialing in the super zoom on his high power binoculars from space watching us practice day after day.

Yes I know I'm paranoid that what losing to these guy's for a decade has done to me.

This year? Not much.

In two years, in the AFC Championship Game? Take a toe.

Last time we were probably this unlikely to win the wildcat game happened. I'm not holding my breath, but weird **** happens in the nfl, especially early on.

I'd give more to have an NFL rep sit in the booth with Ernie Adams to study his role.

Last time we were probably this unlikely to win the wildcat game happened. I'm not holding my breath, but weird **** happens in the nfl, especially early on.
I don't know. This one feels more like 2007 to me. I think we only lost that one by about 20 points , but more points are being scored nowadays so it could look worse. That was a crappy birthday for me. Ronnie Brown sustained a season-ending knee injury IIRC. Plus I think Zach got injured after the game in a fender bender, with a ****in' cheatriots fan rear-ending him. Turned out to be his last game as a Dolphin.

Last edited:
I don't know. This one feels more like 2007 to me.

I'd definitely be surprised as hell if we won, but i was back in 2008 as well. I wasn't even watching, think i had something to do anyway that day, but came home and saw we were up big....crazy!

Back
Top Bottom