What would you rather have? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you rather have?

Which would you rather?

• Some sort of combo between Carey/Rivers/WR

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Ogunleye/Marc Bulger (restricted, likely would cost us picks)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Some sort of combo of Carey/Rivers/WR
or
Ogunleye/Marc Bulger (restricted so we probably lose picks)?

Just an interesting idea i recently thought up, was curious how you guys felt about it.

I prefer option #1 (Carey, WR, QB). Here's why:

Ogunleye would keep a defense in tact, which is good, however, our offense is in much need of upgrade. Losing picks because of signing Bulger would limit our capabilities in improving the offense.

We currently have about 75% of the salary cap invested in the defense. I would rather make a pitch at keeping Todd Wade at this point than Ogunleye, despite Wally's success. Remember how upset everyone was when we let Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell leave via free agency? I'm not saying Wally will fall on his face with a new team the way Kenny and Lo did, I'm just saying that we wil find a way to replace him. Just my opinion.

Since you have Carey/Rivers as 1st rounders, is that WR Darrell Jackson? If so, I'd take that along with a vet QB and maybe a WR in the 3rd or 4th.

Carey and Rivers all the way. Hopefully pick up a WR like BJ Johnson in the 3rd and a S like Dexter Reid in the 4th

Ogunleye is good, but can be replaced. He played well, but anyone can play opposite JT

What about Lamanzer Williams (sp) that guy lit up NFL Europe and would have got time this yr had it not been for injury.

To me, this all still depends on how we fix the WR position in free agency.

If we were to draft a guy like Johnson, who is wildly underrated because of being overshadowed by Roy Williams, in the third and pick up a propa solid number 2 like Darrell Jackson via FA then suddenly or WRs dont look 2 bad. CC is a superstar, and hopefully Tolver can fullfil the early promise that he showed

Back
Top Bottom