What would you take for Surtain? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you take for Surtain?

laddgator13

Confused
Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe Saban could try to use Surtain in different ways instead of a 2nd rounder. Maybe to trade him to a team for 2 or 3 2nd year guys that Saban would have some knowledge of from college. Saban has some real knowledge of some of these guys and if he could get a little package for his type of players it could be better than just having the one 2nd rounder.

Trade him to the Bolts for either Jammer or Sammy Davis and a 5th rounder.

thats an interesting spin on it. You might have something there.

i don't even care at this point. we're not getting full value. so what does it matter. the guy wants ridiculous money. he ain't gonna get it from us. his exit has gone from ebing a nice simple goodbye and good luck to "get the hell out of here"

A 3RD THIS YEAR AND A 2ND NEXT
clear.gif
YOU JUST GOT OWNED:evil: :evil:

finsrule09 said:
2nd this year 3rdnext year

NOBODY HAS JUMPED AT JUST A 2ND THIS YEAR SO NO WAY THEY WILL GIVE US A 2ND THIS AND A 3RD NEXT MAYBE A 3RD THIS AND A 2ND NEXT

clear.gif
THE NEXT GENERATION :evil:

Lets wait and see what happens with lenny Walls in Denver. Its not over yet, and there are stillteams trying to fit Surtain into their cap situations.

Hes a decent CB, it just takes the right combo of cap space and teams needing a corner.

personally I think his best years are behind him. Plus he played in a scheme where the d backs flourished. With all the rule changes helping the offense. I would take what we could get for him. Kind of like the Ogun situation. We are not going to be able to sign him because of the cap. I am not saying we will be better without him. But with all the changes Nicky has made so far on defense. he may not be what we need at this time. personally If we could get a 3rd or a 4th I say pull the trigger Nick because the offers are not exactly coming in full force.

marinotoclayton said:
personally If we could get a 3rd or a 4th I say pull the trigger Nick because the offers are not exactly coming in full force.

Boy am i glad your not the GM. i can see it now " well a 7th rounder for Jason Taylor and Chris Chambers, well it seem low but that is the only offer to come in so deal."

That was the problem with the Dolphins under wanny. we let the other teams tell us what the trade was. Saban is not letting them do that and i for one like that. if Saban was here last year and he wanted A.J. i bet he would have got him for probably a 6th or 7th rounder. so no don't take any of those low ball trades hold out and get what we deserve for him.

At this point? An end to multiple Surtain trade threads.

I guess I was thinking about different scenarios that don't usually come up. Since a 2nd this year doesn't seem likely what would your reaction be to get 2 or 3 lower caliber players that have not performed as of yet. If Saban were to find a team willing to give a few young guys what do you think your reaction would be. How would you compare that to getting a 2nd rounder. Just f-ing around, curious.

Back
Top Bottom