What Would You The Fan Do About Our Rb Situation? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would You The Fan Do About Our Rb Situation?

TRUDOLFAN54

PHINZ4LIFE!!!!
Reaction score
WELL I JUST WANTED TO GET EVERYONE'S OPINION ABOUT OUR RB SITUATION WHO WOULD YOU START AT RB AND WHO WOULD YOU KEEP OR TRADE? :confused:

Cut Minor, keep everybody else. We're gonna have to start Ronnie at first because Ricky will be on suspension, and then after he's ready to play we'll have to see how Ronnie's been doing, and what kind of shape Ricky is in. If both are capable, I'd start Ricky, and use Ronnie as a FB/3rd Wideout type guy. Either way, he should be on the field for most of the plays.

IMO Ricky will start if he comes back with Brown as a b/u and Gordon as the 3rd rb. I think we will see a lot of Brown, Gordon, and Harris if Ricky isn't around. Brown will start but Gordon and Harris would get their fair share of carries too....imo. Either way, we will be stocked with talent at rb. I think the real worries lie on how much the o-line will improve.

I would start Brown. I would also do what the Raiders seem good at, keep every above average RB you can get your hands on. I would be willing to go 1 player short at another position to keep an extra RB.

I am not a fan of ricky .... i wish he was not coming back .... another poster said it best when he said, ricky is proof pro-athletes always get what they want (Said something like that) .... If you forgive ricky for what he did, what wouldn't you forgive? ....

Finz Fury said:
IMO Ricky will start if he comes back with Brown as a b/u and Gordon as the 3rd rb. I think we will see a lot of Brown, Gordon, and Harris if Ricky isn't around. Brown will start but Gordon and Harris would get their fair share of carries too....imo. Either way, we will be stocked with talent at rb. I think the real worries lie on how much the o-line will improve.

Management did the right thing by bringing in the best guy in the biz for the o-line. I'll tell you what, if our o-line plays great...realize I said great...feeley will get his time and make the throws I know he's capable of making, and we could be looking at a great great team.

Bobby Humphrey said:
I would start Brown. I would also do what the Raiders seem good at, keep every above average RB you can get your hands on. I would be willing to go 1 player short at another position to keep an extra RB.

I am not a fan of ricky .... i wish he was not coming back .... another poster said it best when he said, ricky is proof pro-athletes always get what they want (Said something like that) .... If you forgive ricky for what he did, what wouldn't you forgive? ....

Ricky was gone for one year. We wouldn't have done anything last year with fiedler and wannstedt (see 2001, 2002, 2003). And not only did his leaving directly fire wannstedt and fiedler, but it brought in one of the best in Saban, and it gave us a great spot in the draft order, so we could get guys like ronnie and crowder. So maybe he did us a favor, and now he's coming back and hopefully he's ready to dominate again.

run one guy till he gets tired, then run the other till he gets tired, rinse and repeat.

If Brown is running good for us theres no reason to even worry about starting Ricky. Ronnie is the future, Ricky is just some insurance incase Brown isnt ready. Ideally Id trade Ricky for a 3nd or 2nd round pick in the offseason.

finfansince72 said:
If Brown is running good for us theres no reason to even worry about starting Ricky. Ronnie is the future, Ricky is just some insurance incase Brown isnt ready. Ideally Id trade Ricky for a 3nd or 2nd round pick in the offseason.
Ricky isn't worth a 6th or 7th round as it stands. Unless he runs for like 2000 yards 20 TDs and dedicates himself to football, he will have marginal trade value at best.

I would cut Minor before TC to let Harris and Gordon get extra snaps. Next, i would name Brown the starting RB and let Ricky compete with Gordon for #2 on the depth chart. If Gordon beats out Ricky then i would try to trade him and if not, then i would cut Ricky. If Ricky wins then he will get about 35% of the carries, while Brown gets the rest.

Start Mr Brown...If Ricky does indeed come back. Then we run them both till the other teams can't take it anymore then run them some more!

Go Dolphins!!!!!!!!

RB R. Brown will start the season, and as long as he looks good, he'll stay there. RB R. Williams will be back after his suspension, and should be ready to move into the back-up role shortly after. Don't underestimate RB KJ Harris either, I've been hearing good things about him.....

1. Brown
2. Williams
3. Harris
4. Gordon
5. Morris - FB/RB

Back
Top Bottom