What Would You Want Most | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would You Want Most

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

I am curious what would you want most in this offseason, Miami adding a top flight LB & DB in free agentsy.
Then drafting a young QB in the draft and thus leaving Gus as the Vet until the young QB is ready.

The other option would be give up a majority of this coming draft and move into a position to select V.Young (BTW IMO thier is no other QB I'd move up to select)

All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

What I want the most. Hmm. Peterson(lb), Hutch(g), Tony F(g) in f/a and then do what it takes to get Leinart in a Dolphins uni.

Do what ever it takes to get Leinart, Young or Huff. I Still want to see Cutler play in senior bowl.

Hey Bobdroopy Lienart sucks and is over rated and is a soft Q.B. Id rather have Feely than Lienart

Straztheman said:
Hey Bobdroopy Lienart sucks and is over rated and is a soft Q.B. Id rather have Feely than Lienart

Id rather have ryan leaf than leinart......seriously Leinart sucks and will never amount to anything in the NFL

Signing Pro Bowl G/C LeCharles Bentley. He's a versatile lineman who excelled at both positons (Pro Bowl berths). Hadnot and Bentley are both interchangeable at both postions making the line very versatile.

Signing former Pro Bowl LB Julian Peterson. He would be the perfect upgrade to replace Seau's departure. Peterson, Thomas, and Crowder as our starting LB's; how sick does that sound!?!?!?

Drafting Michael Huff in the first round would strengthen our secondary. True playmaker, very versatile; can play CB and S. The addition of him would load our secondary with other young talents, such as Shirdonya Mitchell and Will Poole; who are coming back healthy to join 1rst and 2nd year players Travis Daniels, Yeremiah Bell and our returning veterans.

I have reservations about Cutler right now because I haven't seen him play. So the Michael Huff pick could change if Cutler has a strong showing at the Senior Bowl, combine, and private workouts.

FinaticalOne said:
Signing Pro Bowl G/C LeCharles Bentley. He's a versatile lineman who excelled at both positons (Pro Bowl berths). Hadnot and Bentley are both interchangeable at both postions making the line very versatile.

Signing former Pro Bowl LB Julian Peterson. He would be the perfect upgrade to replace Seau's departure. Peterson, Thomas, and Crowder as our starting LB's; how sick does that sound!?!?!?

Drafting Michael Huff in the first round would strengthen our secondary. True playmaker, very versatile; can play CB and S. The addition of him would load our secondary with other young talents, such as Shirdonya Mitchell and Will Poole; who are coming back healthy to join 1rst and 2nd year players Travis Daniels, Yeremiah Bell and our returning veterans.

I have reservations about Cutler right now because I haven't seen him play. So the Michael Huff pick could change if Cutler has a strong showing at the Senior Bowl, combine, and private workouts.
Thats pretty much my dream offseason :up:

Finfanforever said:
When is the Senior Bowl??

28th or 29th

I want a young QB, have wanted one since Dan left.

FinaticalOne said:

I like your 2 free agents and you kept it realistic. I think we could get 2 but some people here think we could get 5 or 6 free agents which is not gonna happen.Huff on the other hand I'm not so sure about.Don't get me wrong, I like Huff but here's the thing.I don't using 1st round picks on DB's cos we've been able to get good DB's on the 2nd round and beyond in the past.Sam and Pat were taken in the 2nd round(tho Pat cost us a 1st).Poole and Daniels were taken in the 4th.Bell in the 6th and we got Lance and Tillman in free agency.On the other hand, is hard to get great LT's after the 1st round so I think we could get one this year in the 1st or 2nd and/or a LB....of course if Cutler's still there I'd take him at 16.

Ozzy rules
:rockon: :guitar:

Danny said:
I like your 2 free agents and you kept it realistic. I think we could get 2 but some people here think we could get 5 or 6 free agents which is not gonna happen.Huff on the other hand I'm not so sure about.Don't get me wrong, I like Huff but here's the thing.I don't using 1st round picks on DB's cos we've been able to get good DB's on the 2nd round and beyond in the past.Sam and Pat were taken in the 2nd round(tho Pat cost us a 1st).Poole and Daniels were taken in the 4th.Bell in the 6th and we got Lance and Tillman in free agency.On the other hand, is hard to get great LT's after the 1st round so I think we could get one this year in the 1st or 2nd and/or a LB....of course if Cutler's still there I'd take him at 16.

Ozzy rules
:rockon: :guitar:

Thanks. :)

Thinking about it...picking a LT in the first round would make more sense as far as building this team toward the future. Right now, I'm just so enamoured with Huff's playmaking ability, that it would be hard to not pick him. Anyway, after the combine, and private workouts; I expect Huff to perform so well that he will be off the boards by the time the #16 pick comes around. You're right about the DB point, we have been fortunate to discover DBs later in the draft. There are some interesting prospects at T, at least one of these guys should still be around at #16 such as: Winston Justice, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeil, and Jonathan Scott. We have a great shot at one of these guys being available when it's our turn to pick.

Having said that; looking at the overall picture; if we signed LeCharles Bentley and drafted one of these tackles in the first round, this would answer all of our questions on the offensive line. The line is young and would be set for years.

We could still go back and pick up a DB in the second round (only if there isn't a viable QB option available) or in the third round. But I believe we definitely have to address the saftety position and there are some good safeties coming out in the draft this year, but it can wait till the 2nd or 3rd round.

Back
Top Bottom