Whatever Happened To Robert Edwards? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whatever Happened To Robert Edwards?

Prakk said:
Everything I hear suggests that NFL teams, fins included, were increasingly afraid of the real liability his knee represented. The idea was that if he played, and got hurt, it would be said that everyone should have known better due to the severity of his previous injury. In other words, he could have sued and said "You should never have played me."

I think the biggest problem was insuring the guy. That has become an increasing hard thing to do in todays NFL and something teams have been doing for at least 20 years. However the companies that were insuring players have gotten much more expensive and picky. Heck, they had to. They were handing out checks left and right to cover the money that teams were paying out to injured players.

Wow...It's amazing listening to some people here. Robert Edwards played for us, and, I think contributed more than I thought he would.

There's no need to dog the guy.

I loved Edwards while we had him and I always thought that we never used him enough. I just feel bad for the guy he had a ton of talent and that stupid injury cost him the opportunity to have a great career.

Who knows?

PHINZONER said:
"Edwards played a full season after the injury. He looked good and was getting stronger all the time."
Keep in mind no other NFL team picked him up, something else was going on that was kept politely quiet in my humble estimation. I agree that he was good and getting better and I wanted him to catch on and stay with the 'fins. One or two more years of this and it won't matter because he will be a "has been" in everyone's mind whether he is or not. After his release I followed other teams interest in him on a near daily basis. No bites, a couple of workouts, but no bites. Here's the latest;
"Edwards hopes playing in the CFL will prove to NFL teams that his knee and ability will allow him to play at that level again, he said.

'My knee is fine,' he said. 'I haven't had any problems with it since I came back (to the Dolphins), but obviously, it's a question on everybody else's mind. If I go up there and show out, what kind of questions can they have'?"
Which can be found here http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sports/11447221.htm

Takeo spikes was asked about who he thought would contribute the most out of last years class and would have the biggest impact for an NFL team.

His reply"Robert Edwards" w/o a doubt he said or something real close to that

Revisiting my first post.

I was a member for a while, but posted first to this thread. A sort of nostalgia brings me back, I guess. Interesting that the question is no longer what Robert is doing, since Ricky Quitter is back and Brown is running hard.

I think he signed with the pats once after we cut him.

Yeah Robert Edwards did very well in the CFL. He probably made around 200,000-100,000 . The highest paid players are Ricky Ray and Dave Dickenson They make around 500,000 i think.

Back
Top Bottom