Whatever Happened To Robert Edwards? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whatever Happened To Robert Edwards?

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
Is he still around or did he retire, he was very good with Miami , i know he came back after a surgery or amputation but did any of you know if hes avalable or retired?

Last I saw/heard wuz he went back 2 new england in 03 and probably I assume got cut or optioned off to another league. I guess I really dont know eaither -Stu

dominizzo said:
i know he came back after a surgery or amputation but did any of you know if hes avalable or retired?

Wow coming back after an amputation must be tough!! :roflmao:

Robert Edwards signed with the CFL ..He will be part of the Montreal Allouettes.

Scared of the injury

Everything I hear suggests that NFL teams, fins included, were increasingly afraid of the real liability his knee represented. The idea was that if he played, and got hurt, it would be said that everyone should have known better due to the severity of his previous injury. In other words, he could have sued and said "You should never have played me."

dominizzo said:
are u serious is there a link???

I dunno about a link, but I could confirm it though. The info was in Dolphin Digest a few issues ago

Didn't he get hurt in that beach game or something??? They almost had to cut his leg and ****...

A real Iron Man

Pengh said:
"Didn't he get hurt in that beach game or something??? They almost had to cut his leg and ****..."
Yup, pro bowl promotional event or something. He kept his leg and he came back, Iron Man.

Prakk said:
In other words, he could have sued and said "You should never have played me."

That would be something covered in any contract offered to him and, thus, a non-issue. Further, if the jurisidiction within which governing law controlled retained the doctrine of assumption of risk, which is at least probable, there could be no recovery: if everyone knew he'd get injured, then he had to know it as well.

Compare Ricky & Robert

Juries can do anything. Anyway, ask Jason Cole, if I recall correctly that was his analysis over about a year ago, when Quitter left us. What a contrast, don't you think? A healthy pot head quits to find himself. Edwards would give a limb to play.

Prakk said:
Juries can do anything. Anyway, ask Jason Cole, if I recall correctly that was his analysis over about a year ago, when Quitter left us. What a contrast, don't you think? A healthy pot head quits to find himself. Edwards would give a limb to play.

If it's in a contract or assumption of risk is retained in the particular jurisdiction, it never gets to a jury. Jason Cole doesn't know any more about law than you do. What you said about "should have known I'd get injured", applies to everyone who plays football, yet no one has ever successfully sued a professional football team for an on the field injury (as far as I know, no nfl player has ever sued a franchise for an on the field injury, period, successfully or unsuccessfully). If that were allowed, there never be football to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom