Whatever happens Sunday... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whatever happens Sunday...

LibertineOneThree

There's no S in McDaniel.
Club Member
Reaction score
Can I just say, before emotions kick in next week, either positively or negatively, a few things...

First, I know that a team that goes 1-15 using three quarterbacks, a washed up journeyman, a perennial clip board holder and a rookie completely out of his depth and then signs someone as classy as Pennington is all but guarenteed 4-5 wins on strength of schedule and that one upgrade alone but... First.... Thank you Chad Pennington.

A lot was documented of our close losses last year. A lot should be said of our one score wins this year. Chad has been a massive reason for that. The guy is so smooth, so classy. He has clutch. His ability has brought an upgrade in play. The upgrade has brought us 5-6 wins. the other 5 have come from his bottle, his desire and his leadership. Chad Pennington is a massive reason that this season's been a success.

Second, thank you Tony Sporano. Excepting Nick Saban- as he'll hopefully see the job through- he's the first guy to come in here, get the organisation by the scruff of the neck, shake it up, make tough calls and get them, playing. He seems a real motivator. He keeps guys in check. He's a great man to have as the face of the team.

Third, thank you Jeff Ireland. Pennington= Genius. Long= sensible. Merling= correct decision. Langford, Bess, Carpenter and Thomas= Masterstrokes. The guy had a great first draft. If his second and third drafts are as good as his first. We'll be a double figure win team for YEARS to come.

Fourth, thank you Bill Parcells. See all the above. It's hard to say how much influence he's had in all the above decisions but even of you stop his contribution at installing Ireland and Sporano, the guy has done a great job and turned this organisation around.

Fifth, thank you FinHeaven. My passion for the Dolphins gets lost somewhat amongst my soccer following mates this side of the Atlantic. FinHeaven and its users have allowed me to learn about, talk about and follow the Phins in considerably greater detail.

So... Is the job done? No. We all have to get up for this game on Sunday and do every little thing we can to send this team to the playoffs. Pennington is going to be so pumped up, they're in horrible form and we owe them one for week 1. I have every faith that we can go there and come away with the W.

For the phins to be involved in this type of game at all, after the decade of hurt we've had is truely, truely a blessing and the best Christmas present I'll get this year.

So thank you one and all. Now go get the job done.

Go phins.

Back
Top Bottom