What's Changed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Changed

philyphin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I thought we had a hell of a team last year, and we didn't even make the playoffs, Why does Miami fall to pieces in December, they always do, we thought it was no running game, we proved that wrong running for over 200 yards in 2 december losses.
So this year it is the Defense in December that just runs out of gas, so we bring in Seau, Draft a few guys and trying to get Knight, hopefully this will fix the December Defense issue, I like the fact that Dolphins are actually fixing problems that they have instead of scraping the team for a major overhaul. Here's Hoping that fixing this Problem will not reveal others.
If Dilfer, Johnson, and Brady can win SuperBowls, surely Fielder can.

Well, I think there are many reasons we fell off at the end of last season. Not just the defense.

I for one am not in the " we must have Knight" camp. While I think he would be a good addition to our defense, I think that if we don't get him we're doomed like others have mentioned.

Its not just the players, or the defense, or the plays called. It's everything all mixed in from missed opportunities, to missed catches, to even bad calls by the ref's. It's all part of the game.

And while our team should of made it last season to the playoffs, it didn't. In a way thats good for us. Now our team has something to prove and I really feel pity for the teams we go up against, I really do. We have something to do and we're going to do it to them. I feel for the poor bastards.

Whats changed, I dont know, what needs to change is the Heart and intensity that these guys play with in the latter stages of the season. Theres no way in hell a QB makes a first down run, run mind you, not a sneak, but a run, on 4th down with the playoffs at stake! No HEART!

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
Whats changed, I dont know, what needs to change is the Heart and intensity that these guys play with in the latter stages of the season. Theres no way in hell a QB makes a first down run, run mind you, not a sneak, but a run, on 4th down with the playoffs at stake! No HEART!

And that's it in a nut shell..Their hearts and intensity is the difference...This team does get mental about things, like beating the jets, the end of the year dooms day..They took step one last year in beating the Jets..now they have to take step 2..win at the end of the season.

I guess we could blame last year on Lucas ;).

But in reality I'm tired of the "cold" weather excuse.
Cmon, they're running around in pads, all the time, hitting guys, how cold could you possibly get ;\.

I just think it's the intesity at we play. If we are ahead by 2 TD's we just start to play at a lesser level because obviously we think we "have it in the bag". I don't think we get worn out by December, so that can't be an excuse.

We also need to learn not to get Pass Interference calls when it's 3 and 15 (Sam you bastard!).

The NE game was a horribly called game if I remember. I just remember we had like 4 or so penalties in a row for 1st downs.

We handed them the game.

Hey, why do the Patriots almost always play in Miami early in the year and the Dolphins come to Foxboro in December?

It seems like we always split with you guys - with the Home team always winning (and no doubt adding to your December history).

Shouldn't it alternate more?

Yes, definitely it should alternate more. At least this year we get the Jets here late in the season which should help us. Don't know why, but the schedule always seems to screw us over in December.

I still think that pass interference call against Fletcher was BS

the fins pats schedule used to alternate--remember during the jimmy johnson era where the fins actually played the pats at home to end the season and then had to go on the road and play the wild card game at foxboro? i think alternating would be fair to both teams. i also think the league likes what it has going now. the season always ends at new england in the wannstedt era, doesn't it? all three years it was supposed to. (the 9/15 make up game in 2001 is excepted). doesn't make sense, if the schedule is random (but following a formula) as they claim it to be.

The fish have won in the cold before I don't understand why they can't do it now. I've seen then win or play well in the cold on quite a few occasions in my day. Anyone who thinks we lost to the patsies last season due to cold weather is kidding themselves. Other than the fact that it was almost 50 degrees in Foxboro (I live 20 minutes down the road) for the game, the Pats exploited one of Miami's biggest weaknesses at the end of that game which was covering the RB out of the backfield. Kevin Faulk was killing us which is pretty sad. Not to mention a series of very bad plays that didn't help.

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
The fish have won in the cold before I don't understand why they can't do it now. I've seen then win or play well in the cold on quite a few occasions in my day. Anyone who thinks we lost to the patsies last season due to cold weather is kidding themselves. Other than the fact that it was almost 50 degrees in Foxboro (I live 20 minutes down the road) for the game, the Pats exploited one of Miami's biggest weaknesses at the end of that game which was covering the RB out of the backfield. Kevin Faulk was killing us which is pretty sad. Not to mention a series of very bad plays that didn't help.

I know the Fins have won in Foxboro in the cold before - I was just questioning the schedulemakers lack of doing the obvious alternation.

You're 20 minutes from Foxboro? I live in Hanover and work in Needham - you can't be too far from me.

...I just noticed that your profile says Milford :).

yeah, a team is supposed to win its games and there are no excuses, but the schedule is becoming painfully predictable. they should shake it up just for the sake of variety.

as for the dolphins' problems, they look like they're really working on them. i'm impressed with the moves they're making, and i hope they pay off on the field. last year was one of the most exciting years to watch the fins that i can remember, and that's funny because it was also one of the worst, all wrapped up in one...

Back
Top Bottom