What's Day 1 Ol Choices Ike? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Day 1 Ol Choices Ike?

A1.

Club Member
Reaction score
whos the bread and butter of the OL crop this year? And are they top 20 picks?

whos the bread and butter of the OL crop this year? And are they top 20 picks?

It's a little bit of a strange and weak offensive line class. Two of my top 4 tackles are right tackles, and there's actually more questions about the left tackles in terms of where they fit than the right tackles. Along with no 1st round guards - certainly not in the category of Quenton Nelson, who I had as my #2 overall player in the draft las year. Yep, I had a guard as my #2 overall player if that tells you anything about how I viewed Nelson.

The only guys I could see going top 20 would be Jonah Williams, Cody Ford, Jawaan Taylor, Erik McCoy, and Tyler Biadasz. Ford and Taylor have already entered the draft - we'll see about Williams, McCoy and Biadasz.

It's a little bit of a strange and weak offensive line class. Two of my top 4 tackles are right tackles, and there's actually more questions about the left tackles in terms of where they fit than the right tackles. Along with no 1st round guards - certainly not in the category of Quenton Nelson, who I had as my #2 overall player in the draft las year. Yep, I had a guard as my #2 overall player if that tells you anything about how I viewed Nelson.

The only guys I could see going top 20 would be Jonah Williams, Cody Ford, Jawaan Taylor, Erik McCoy, and Tyler Biadasz. Ford and Taylor have already entered the draft - we'll see about Williams, McCoy and Biadasz.

Miami always seems to miss swells of talent. Last year, speaking just of IOL, you had Nelson, Hernandez, Wynn, Daniels, and Ragnow. Two of them fell to the 2nd - certainly within striking distance of a trade up.

Obviously, NE played Wynn at OT, and he suffered an injury, but I think he would have been an excellent OG.

Is there anyone you two actually have top 20 grades on? Not capable of going top 20 but you actually would take

If you need a right tackle, Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor flat out get it done with nastiness and technique. I'd take both in the top 20 if my top need was right tackle.

Is the Georgia Center a Rd2 grade? Is he good enough to man the picot for 10 years?

Is the Georgia Center a Rd2 grade? Is he good enough to man the picot for 10 years?

I think he's a top 75 player, the top Senior center on my board - and those always have value. Although I feel like he played his worst game of the season last night. Missed some calls up front and took the wrong guys coming up the middle. The entire Georgia team played their worst game of the season.

Running backs fumbling the ball, receivers dropping passes, offensive line never really established themselves all night. Defense missed tackles all over the place. Just a brutal performance by the whole team. They basically played the same type of game Alabama played against them.

Guess Georgia should've know something like this was coming when Bevo charged after UGA on the sidelines prior to kickoff. Longhorns were fired up, focused, and wanted it more.

I think he's a top 75 player, the top Senior center on my board - and those always have value. Although I feel like he played his worst game of the season last night. Missed some calls up front and took the wrong guys coming up the middle. The entire Georgia team played their worst game of the season.

Running backs fumbling the ball, receivers dropping passes, offensive line never really established themselves all night. Defense missed tackles all over the place. Just a brutal performance by the whole team. They basically played the same type of game Alabama played against them.

Guess Georgia should've know something like this was coming when Bevo charged after UGA on the sidelines prior to kickoff. Longhorns were fired up, focused, and wanted it more.
It was mental letdown. Their goal was playoff - shot at title. Understandable they came out flat in consolation type game.
Noticed the missed block up the middle which was again mental.
Wouldn’t mind 2 top OL with a possible trade down.

what we should do is trade down from 13 to like 19-20. Take Deiter and then work our way back up a bit for Biadasz. That'll really shore up the OL.

Tunsil - Sitton - Biadasz - Deiter - James

I'd prefer that to taking another DL

what we should do is trade down from 13 to like 19-20. Take Deiter and then work our way back up a bit for Biadasz. That'll really shore up the OL.

Tunsil - Sitton - Biadasz - Deiter - James

I'd prefer that to taking another DL
I don’t think sitton will be here next year

don't forget Chris Lindstrom of Boston College. Guy has a nasty streak to him too.

There is so much AWESOME talent on the defensive side of the ball this year that I would blow a fuse in my head if we took Oline on day 1.
Agree. Honestly, I'd double up on defensive line with the first and second picks. Then find a mid round quarterback and concentrate on building the offensive line.

Miami has an excellent shot at picking top five next year in what looks to be a rich quarterback draft. Hate to wait on that position, but that may be the best approach.

Miami always seems to miss swells of talent. Last year, speaking just of IOL, you had Nelson, Hernandez, Wynn, Daniels, and Ragnow. Two of them fell to the 2nd - certainly within striking distance of a trade up.

Obviously, NE played Wynn at OT, and he suffered an injury, but I think he would have been an excellent OG.

I really, really liked Nelson (panning out just fine, thank you) and Ragnow to a lesser extent.

Build the offensive line, dammit, when will they ever learn?

Back
Top Bottom