What's Day 1 Ol Choices Ike? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Day 1 Ol Choices Ike?

would love to trade down into the 20's and pick up Cody Ford to play rg, can play some rt in a pinch too, the get the guy from bc to play lg

If you need a right tackle, Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor flat out get it done with nastiness and technique. I'd take both in the top 20 if my top need was right tackle.

How much of an upgrade over James would either of these be?

If you need a right tackle, Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor flat out get it done with nastiness and technique. I'd take both in the top 20 if my top need was right tackle.
Would you take Cody Ford at 13 and place him at RG?

Helluva backup RT...AND we could move James at the deadline for a decent pick.

Would you take Cody Ford at 13 and place him at RG?

Helluva backup RT...AND we could move James at the deadline for a decent pick.

James isn't under contract for 2019, so we need a RT for next season anyway. I doubt we pay what James will get on the open market.

James is a tough call. He is above average, though not elite. Still young too.

Does anyone remember the Texans game? How did James do against Watt? I dont remember

I really, really liked Nelson (panning out just fine, thank you) and Ragnow to a lesser extent.

Build the offensive line, dammit, when will they ever learn?
I loved Nelson ..my most wanted player in the draft. can’t believe CK said Hernandez was on the same level.

I loved Nelson ..my most wanted player in the draft. can’t believe CK said Hernandez was on the same level.
I guess it's time to start looking at the upcoming crop.

It's going to be tough to justify offensive linemen with all the great defense available.

Quinnen Williams in a Miami uniform would be great but barring a late emerging bong video, I don't see it happening.

Man if Miami let’s James walk and drafts a RT in round one without trading down, just put me on your ignore list cause it’s going to get ugly.

It’s not a simple decision - is he a top 5 RT?
A little too inconsistent for my liking but I get it - we would be creating another hole OL hole by letting him go. But I don’t think we should compound bad decisions. We have holes all over the OL - doesn’t necessarily mean we should commit to James esp if we are looking at a long rebuild.

It’s not a simple decision - is he a top 5 RT?
A little too inconsistent for my liking but I get it - we would be creating another hole OL hole by letting him go. But I don’t think we should compound bad decisions. We have holes all over the OL - doesn’t necessarily mean we should commit to James esp if we are looking at a long rebuild.

If the goal is to be bad enough to draft Tua or Lawrence, then it'd make sense to move on from James without already signing/drafting his replacement. OT's are not easy to find. OL in general are not easy to find. If you look at the remaining playoff teams, OL separates them from the rest of the league more than anything outside of QB and playcalling.

I would say that OL is the second most valuable position/ position group in today’s NFL behind QB.
Look at Eagles last season-
Saints- Rams - Colts this season
Look at the other end- Giants, Dolphins etc.

I’m just not 100% on James. Just me. Idk.

Back
Top Bottom