What's everybody's game day ritual? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's everybody's game day ritual?

My routine seems to change every 10 years or so. When I was single I would go to a gym in downtown Dayton and get a workout in and then I would get this amazing Italian sub from this mom and pop restaurant. I’d make it a point to be home by noon because I had a C Band satellite and it sometimes took an hour to find the wild feed to watch the game for free.

The next fifteen years I played golf every morning and got home just in time to take a shower and start grilling. This tradition ended after most of the guys I played with either died or transferred out of the area. Finding a quality foursome that will get out of bed on the weekends is no easy task. For now this tradition is on hold.

The last 5 years we basically partied like savages and that needs to stop so something will be different this year.
After 5 years of "partying like savages" I would like to suggest a 30 mile bike ride before the game. :)

If you are still in Daytona the East Central Regional Rail Trail is a great place to ride. It starts in Edgewater.

In my younger days prior to DirecTV, I'd be glued to the tv watching every damn pre game show, hoping for Miami Dolphins related news. I'd even listen to the sports radio station before the pre game shows. Then I'd nervously watch the local game with my eyes glued to the scrolling scores, looking for the Dolphins score.

During the week prior to the game I'd buy all the Football publications, hoping to find Dolphins related news. After the the games were ove, I'd wait up until the George Micheals Sports Machine would come on at 11: 30 pm looking to see the Dolphins highlights.

Once we got cable TV, ESPN became the go to network for highlights and football news. I was absolutely %^$$%# Obsessed!!! My mom thought I needed to see a psychiatrist!!! Or at least get LAID!!! To take my mind off of the Dolphins.

Then came the life saver called DirecTV. And let me tell you things got Worse. My fandom and obsession went to another level. The ritual became even more nutty.

Now as an older man my ritual has become sort of Oh Hum!!! I get up make breakfast and then start cooking a small snack like meal before the game starts. And don't actually watch the pre game stuff until Noon. If the Dolphins win, I'll happily smoke a Vanilla Victory Cigar and eat my meal and enjoy it. If the lose, I'm usually too bummed out to eat or enjoy that cigar. Finheaven has now become part of that pre and post game ritual. It's nice to have some place to go voice an opinion amongst other Dolphins Fans.

In my younger days prior to DirecTV, I'd be glued to the tv watching every damn pre game show, hoping for Miami Dolphins related news. I'd even listen to the sports radio station before the pre game shows. Then I'd nervously watch the local game with my eyes glued to the scrolling scores, looking for the Dolphins score.

During the week prior to the game I'd buy all the Football publications, hoping to find Dolphins related news. After the the games were ove, I'd wait up until the George Micheals Sports Machine would come on at 11: 30 pm looking to see the Dolphins highlights.

Once we got cable TV, ESPN became the go to network for highlights and football news. I was absolutely %^$$%# Obsessed!!! My mom thought I needed to see a psychiatrist!!! Or at least get LAID!!! To take my mind off of the Dolphins.

Then came the life saver called DirecTV. And let me tell you things got Worse. My fandom and obsession went to another level. The ritual became even more nutty.

Now as an older man my ritual has become sort of Oh Hum!!! I get up make breakfast and then start cooking a small snack like meal before the game starts. And don't actually watch the pre game stuff until Noon. If the Dolphins win, I'll happily smoke a Vanilla Victory Cigar and eat my meal and enjoy it. If the lose, I'm usually too bummed out to eat or enjoy that cigar. Finheaven has now become part of that pre and post game ritual. It's nice to have some place to go voice an opinion amongst other Dolphins Fans.

Like many, I think the ho hum days are over once this season starts. We've been through the ringer of being more or less mediocre for the better part of 15-20 years depending upon whose viewpoint. I'm ready to find a whole new gear of enthusiasm with the moves we're making.

Like many, I think the ho hum days are over once this season starts. We've been through the ringer of being more or less mediocre for the better part of 15-20 years depending upon whose viewpoint. I'm ready to find a whole new gear of enthusiasm with the moves we're making.

I hear ya. I agree the moves they've made are exciting. And am getting pumped for the season. Brian Flores has a lot to do with my enthusiasm about the team moving forward. He seems, As of right now; the type of coach the franchise has needed, since Shula retired. If he duplicates the coaching job of 2019 and Miami wins 7-8 games, I think that'll be some sort of vindication of his abilities. He brings people together!!! Now you add in a QB like Tua and it sure seems like the stars are aligning Miami's way?

Me and my family have been going to the games since I was a little kid.

Close to 30 years into this for me I now wake up at home, start drinking with breakfast, roll a J for the road and then go and enjoy the game from the stadium with help from my favorite bartender in the club level.

Hoping we can someday become good so there can be less (or more) involved.

For the away games it's mostly the same just end up at the house to eat and watch.

Me and my family have been going to the games since I was a little kid.

Close to 30 years into this for me I now wake up at home, start drinking with breakfast, roll a J for the road and then go and enjoy the game from the stadium with help from my favorite bartender in the club level.

Hoping we can someday become good so there can be less (or more) involved.

For the away games it's mostly the same just end up at the house to eat and watch.
Yeah, I'm in Marco, so I only go to the sure wins of which there haven't been too many lately sadly. It's 2 hours each way and then I'm drinking so I have to stay over and get up and fight traffic to get home on Monday. But when I go, I have a buddy with amazing connections. We get valet parking, then go on the field before the game then get access to his company's VIP suite or at the very least get VIP'ed at Liv at the stadium. The only way that's better to watch the game is to fly with Ross to the game. Haven't gotten there yet though lol. So when we do that it's usually brunch at Shulas or somewhere before hand and then off we go. I'm going to be going to lots of games this year I think.

Yeah, I'm in Marco, so I only go to the sure wins of which there haven't been too many lately sadly. It's 2 hours each way and then I'm drinking so I have to stay over and get up and fight traffic to get home on Monday. But when I go, I have a buddy with amazing connections. We get valet parking, then go on the field before the game then get access to his company's VIP suite or at the very least get VIP'ed at Liv at the stadium. The only way that's better to watch the game is to fly with Ross to the game. Haven't gotten there yet though lol. So when we do that it's usually brunch at Shulas or somewhere before hand and then off we go. I'm going to be going to lots of games this year I think.

**** my family tradition, I wanna party with yall!!!

Boring! I hate pre game commercials, I mean shows. I just make sure my fantasy rosters are square and get done as much as I can so I can watch the game with little disturbances. When I am disturbed I pause then have to remember to stay off social media. Sometimes I forget!

I admit I’m definitely that asshole who gets pissed off of anyone asks my family to do anything on Sunday. I don’t want to be invited to anyone’s house to watch the Patriots, I just want to stay home and watch the fins.

I have been a fan since 1970 so this is a bit embarrassing. I ride my bicycle at the start of the game because I get too nervous to watch through the commercials. I then watch the game from start to finish fast forwarding thru the commercials. Game snack is food carrots and hummus because I eat too much when I am nervous.

Beer if it is good game.

Last year was really weird I always wanted us to win but was happy & sad at the same time for a win or loss!

I started recording the away games several years ago. I usually start watch the recording about an hour and a half into the game and that way I can avoid having to watch any of the commercials. Since I will not be attending home games this year, if there is a season, I will do the same thing for home games this season..

I just make sure I don’t watch any sports channel on tv once the game starts because I don’t want to see any NFL scores prior to watching the game.

Mine usually starts the day before. I make sure all the jerseys are washed. then that morning of the game all the kids must wear their jerseys. we used to live in upstate New York and now we live in Massachusetts. I don't care they're going out with their friends doing whatever they have to wear jersey.
Then I usually get a call from my dad we talked a little. Then I call my brother hoping he's watching the game with Zach Thomas. Yes he is friends with Zack Thomas. sometimes I get to talk to him sometimes I don't, they don't always watch the game together. Then get my tequila out Riazul and get ready for game. Usually pretty hammered good before the game starts. I have in the past, passed out and missed half of it and have to go back and watch what I missed.

John

Like every Sunday, I go to church in the morning. I make sure I'm done having lunch before the game start. I go to the chatroom and ask for a link to the game and I watch the game. After the game is over I go on with the rest of my life.

The End

I use to have to go to the sports bar....now I have DirecTV. On commercials I'll switch to RedZone for a couple of minutes or check out this site on my phone a catch up on the game day thread.

Back
Top Bottom