What's everybody's game day ritual? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's everybody's game day ritual?

Like every Sunday, I go to church in the morning. I make sure I'm done having lunch before the game start. I go to the chatroom and ask for a link to the game and I watch the game. After the game is over I go on with the rest of my life.

The End
Wow Danny. That seemed devoid of passion. Must have been how I read it.

Wow Danny. That seemed devoid of passion. Must have been how I read it.
Well, years ago I used to let a loss ruin my whole week but now I know that there are way more important things in life than my football team winning. Trust me, I always look forward to the games and to winning but once the game ends I really do go on with my life and don't let it affect me the way it used to.

Let's see this one end up in Flipper's Finest one day. We all are no doubt hyper amped on Dolphins game day. What is everyone's ritual from wake up until the Phins game ends?

I'll go first. I wake up on Sunday and start with living room setup (If I'm not going to the game). On the coffee Table goes my signed Marino helmet, my personalized to
me autographed Don Shula ball, my Larry Little autographed visor and my Nat Moore hat. Off in the corner goes my autographed Zach jersey in it's frame. I'm the commissioner of a couple fantasy leagues, so I need to setup a few other displays so I can focus on that during the commercials. Tv gets turned down and I sure up the game through the stereo.

View attachment 49738

At this point it's Bloody Mary and breakfast sandwich time. Then the grill is fired up and I'me either smoking brats, ribs, pulled pork or making chili or Split Pea Soup on the stove or slow cooker. My award winning quest is being made. NFL Network is on throughout this. Dolphins fans only are invited over. They are told to not be chatty unless it's during the commercials. I don't need to hear about little Sally;s talent show and your fight with he landscaper over run over sprinkler heads. Not one atom in my body is focused on anything other than the Dolphins winning this game. Fantasy changes are done and that's locked in.

If Dolphins win, it's a joyous occasion. Out comes the tequila and Dolphin buddies in other areas are answering as drunk as I am.

If Dolphins lose, everyone is told by wife to leave while I break things and put my phone on DND until Monday morning.

How about you?
My new game day ritual is to fly to Miami and Uber to your house

I have to listen to the games by radio because I can’t figure out how to get live feeds legally. I do like that NFL red zone wraparound TV station

Well, years ago I used to let a loss ruin my whole week but now I know that there are way more important things in life than my football team winning. Trust me, I always look forward to the games and to winning but once the game ends I really do go on with my life and don't let it affect me the way it used to.
For me and I'll assume you, it depends on the loss. Was it just one loss where a few mistakes happened or is it one of a string of losses showing a much bigger problem (QB, HC, etc)? Us giving it our all and losing by a field goal to a better team doesn't upset me as much as a series of losses does. Either way, I'd stay away from me on Monday though lol.

the lack of success over the past many seasons has not been due to poor coaching, horrible drafting or the lack of a stud QB...it has clearly been my poor game day ritual(s). it is not for lack of trying. i have tried wearing every piece of Dolphin gear, i have tried almost all forms of alcohol, i have tried every seating position and multiple TVs in my house...this year we are getting a new puppy and naming her Phin ( almost named her Tua).... in Phin we will trust this year.

Wake up get a BJ, take a shower, eat a big brunch, go to the game, come home drunk and get a BJ and go to bed. Then my wife wakes my azz up and I realize all that never happened.
Anyways get drunk all day, that’s it....
Yeah, I knew you were full of it when you mentioned the 2nd BJ of the day... :chuckle:

Yeah, I'm in Marco, so I only go to the sure wins of which there haven't been too many lately sadly. It's 2 hours each way and then I'm drinking so I have to stay over and get up and fight traffic to get home on Monday. But when I go, I have a buddy with amazing connections. We get valet parking, then go on the field before the game then get access to his company's VIP suite or at the very least get VIP'ed at Liv at the stadium. The only way that's better to watch the game is to fly with Ross to the game. Haven't gotten there yet though lol. So when we do that it's usually brunch at Shulas or somewhere before hand and then off we go. I'm going to be going to lots of games this year I think.
Thanks for the invite, I'd be happy to go to a game or two, or three with you... :chuckle:

Not much of a routine, just get my fantasy teams in order and make sure my bets are in, then the day is spent on the couch watching the games.

I actually prefer to watch the games alone so I can flip around to games that have my fantasy players or games that I have money on during commercials.

TFK

I dont watch the Fins games much, but I do read about them and watch the highlights afterward.

Back
Top Bottom