What's everybody's game day ritual? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's everybody's game day ritual?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Let's see this one end up in Flipper's Finest one day. We all are no doubt hyper amped on Dolphins game day. What is everyone's ritual from wake up until the Phins game ends?

I'll go first. I wake up on Sunday and start with living room setup (If I'm not going to the game). On the coffee Table goes my signed Marino helmet, my personalized to
me autographed Don Shula ball, my Larry Little autographed visor and my Nat Moore hat. Off in the corner goes my autographed Zach jersey in it's frame. I'm the commissioner of a couple fantasy leagues, so I need to setup a few other displays so I can focus on that during the commercials. Tv gets turned down and I sure up the game through the stereo.

IMG_0830.jpeg

At this point it's Bloody Mary and breakfast sandwich time. Then the grill is fired up and I'me either smoking brats, ribs, pulled pork or making chili or Split Pea Soup on the stove or slow cooker. My award winning quest is being made. NFL Network is on throughout this. Dolphins fans only are invited over. They are told to not be chatty unless it's during the commercials. I don't need to hear about little Sally;s talent show and your fight with he landscaper over run over sprinkler heads. Not one atom in my body is focused on anything other than the Dolphins winning this game. Fantasy changes are done and that's locked in.

If Dolphins win, it's a joyous occasion. Out comes the tequila and Dolphin buddies in other areas are answering as drunk as I am.

If Dolphins lose, everyone is told by wife to leave while I break things and put my phone on DND until Monday morning.

How about you?

I have been a fan since 1970 so this is a bit embarrassing. I ride my bicycle at the start of the game because I get too nervous to watch through the commercials. I then watch the game from start to finish fast forwarding thru the commercials. Game snack is food carrots and hummus because I eat too much when I am nervous.

Beer if it is good game.

Last year was really weird I always wanted us to win but was happy & sad at the same time for a win or loss!

I have been a fan since 1970 so this is a bit embarrassing. I ride my bicycle at the start of the game because I get too nervous to watch through the commercials. I then watch the game from start to finish fast forwarding thru the commercials. Game snack is food carrots and hummus because I eat too much when I am nervous.

Beer if it is good game.

Last year was really weird I always wanted us to win but was happy & sad at the same time for a win or loss!
I get it. I pause the game to go tend to the grill but I put my phone on DND first so I don't get told what the score is before I'm caught back up.

Honestly, just find something to do because of anxiety. Sometimes I'll go for a run or hike. If I need to, stop by the store around an hour or 2 before kick off. Then either have people over or end up at someones house. Crack a beer or pour a drink about 15-30 mins before game time, make sure my FF lineup is all set and that's it.

Honestly, just find something to do because of anxiety. Sometimes I'll go for a run or hike. If I need to, stop by the store around an hour or 2 before kick off. Then either have people over or end up at someones house. Crack a beer or pour a drink about 15-30 mins before game time, make sure my FF lineup is all set and that's it.
I've learned I can't watch Dolphins games at other people's houses. It inhibits me. I can't break their stuff and I can't scream like an idiot like I want. I need to either go to my house or the stadium or have bail money on standby...

Wake up get a BJ, take a shower, eat a big brunch, go to the game, come home drunk and get a BJ and go to bed. Then my wife wakes my azz up and I realize all that never happened.
Anyways get drunk all day, that’s it....

I've learned I can't watch Dolphins games at other people's houses. It inhibits me. I can't break their stuff and I can't scream like an idiot like I want. I need to either go to my house or the stadium or have bail money on standby...
I have more restraint at a friend's house. When something bad usually happens, the pissed person usually just storms off to the deck lol.

If my buddy who has the NFL package is in town I always watch games there.
Great food and a nice pool and patio.
Men glued to the game in the big TV room while the ladies are blab blabing away in the kitchen usually.

Several dogs complete the ritual

I get up really early and start blazing, then come the errands. Usually breakfast followed by a grocery pick-up and the country cruise back to the house. We always take the long way back. Theo or thee old lady knows that once we get home and get the groceries put up that I'm basically dead to her the rest of the day. If the Dolphins win then it's a celebration. If the Dolphins lose she makes me sleep on the couch. She knows that I am the equivalent of a salt factory. At that point I'm hoping I had a stellar fantasy week if the Fins lose. You can't have it both ways. Either the dolphins win and you fantasy team gets mopped and vice versa. It's a hell of a racket....

I live in upstate NY. The sports bar I like to frequent has a healthy Dolphins community. We usually get lunch before the 1:00PM games and politely smack talk with the Bills fans (until we are playing each other and anything goes). The Dolphins and Bills fans usually gang up and roast any Jets fans that might be around cause let’s be real; **** the Jets. All the Giants fans seem to keep away the bandwagon Patriots fans, which is pretty nice as well haha.

Since 1972 my ritual has been to get up on the morning of the game if it is in Miami and prepare to drive to the stadium to watch the game in person. If it’s an away game, I just go about my normal routine and then turn the game on when it starts.
This year I will not be preparing to go to the stadium when and if the games are played in Miami. Because of the virus I decided not to renew my season tickets for the first time in 48 years. So if there is a regular season, I will watch the games on TV, whether they are played in Miami or are away games.

My routine seems to change every 10 years or so. When I was single I would go to a gym in downtown Dayton and get a workout in and then I would get this amazing Italian sub from this mom and pop restaurant. I’d make it a point to be home by noon because I had a C Band satellite and it sometimes took an hour to find the wild feed to watch the game for free.

The next fifteen years I played golf every morning and got home just in time to take a shower and start grilling. This tradition ended after most of the guys I played with either died or transferred out of the area. Finding a quality foursome that will get out of bed on the weekends is no easy task. For now this tradition is on hold.

The last 5 years we basically partied like savages and that needs to stop so something will be different this year.

Back
Top Bottom