Whats going on with the Bills? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats going on with the Bills?

Manual looked good on the 2 minute drive; however, only one pass was longer then 10 yards and that was the TD, which was a really nice throw. I saw some things I expected early and that's difficulty going through progressions. The Bills kept the calls pretty simple to get him in a rhythm which he did at the end of the half.

Marquis Wheaton looked damn good. He returned less then 20 KOs in college and on his first or second attempt broke it for 107. He wasn't even close to being touched.

Two other kids that stood out to me were Kiko Alonso and Ron Brooks. Brooks committed a really stupid penalty early but recovered from it with some nice coverage and hits. Alonso was impressive in both coverage and against the run. Bills are putting together a nice defense. If they get good QB play to go with Spiller, they could have a pretty decent season.

Manual looked good on the 2 minute drive; however, only one pass was longer then 10 yards and that was the TD, which was a really nice throw. I saw some things I expected early and that's difficulty going through progressions. The Bills kept the calls pretty simple to get him in a rhythm which he did at the end of the half.

Marquis Wheaton looked damn good. He returned less then 20 KOs in college and on his first or second attempt broke it for 107. He wasn't even close to being touched.

Two other kids that stood out to me were Kiko Alonso and Ron Brooks. Brooks committed a really stupid penalty early but recovered from it with some nice coverage and hits. Alonso was impressive in both coverage and against the run. Bills are putting together a nice defense. If they get good QB play to go with Spiller, they could have a pretty decent season.

Agree with you MD88, except it was Marquise Goodwin who returned the kicks. The Bills defense looks savage. They totally stuffed the run, got pass pressure consistently and Kiko Alonso is already showing why he is one of the elite players in the last draft.

Manuel was very decent. All in all, we and the Bills are now VERY similar teams. Very tough defenses, young QBs and a committee offense with a balance of speed and technique. Both teams playing 4-3, ZBS and WCO variants. There's really not much between us. Their receivers probably flattered to deceive as Indy's D was shocking.

Indy didn't look very frightening in that outing, Luck was very carefree with the ball too i thought. But they have so many weapons you have to figure they'll find their way to the endzone on enough drives to trouble most teams.

Goodwin yes. That young man has danger for us written all over him. Granted it was one game but he returned 2 kicks breaking the one and damn near broke the other one.

What impressed me was watching EJ's confidence build throughout the game. I believe that Marrone said that the play calls were intentionally less than 15 yards by design. In TC, EJ has shown to connect on the long ball, and I believe that Marrone wanted to work on the short game. What I liked most about the game was the pace of the offense, and the ability to execute at that pace. Sure, it's preseason and it was against a Colts team that doesn't have incredible depth, but they still executed. I don't want to get too pumped though. I still remember Trent Edwards starting 4-0 after a great preseason, only to watch the Bills fizzle yet again.

I liked what I saw from Manuel in the first preseason game. Smart, and a little conservative, but used his legs as well.

I think they'll open up the passing game a bit more this Friday against Minnesota, plus the WR battle is so good, they'll want to get those guys looks too.

i don't know what bills fans are so excited about...other than goodwin as a kick returner...ej manuel didn't do anything really...robert woods looked good...

i don't know what bills fans are so excited about...other than goodwin as a kick returner...ej manuel didn't do anything really...robert woods looked good...

You obviously haven't paid attention to the Bills very closely, specifically at QB over the last 10 years, including this preseason.

That's expected though, as you're not a Bills fan.

It's ok.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234190/article/buffalo-bills-acquire-thaddeus-lewis-from-detroit-lions

Buffalo Bills acquire Thaddeus Lewis from Detroit Lions

By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: Aug. 25, 2013 at 07:03 p.m. Updated: Aug. 25, 2013 at 07:34 p.m.

The Buffalo Bills aren't finished adding quarterbacks after signing Matt Leinart on Sunday.

The team acquired fourth-year quarterback Thaddeus Lewis from the Detroit Lions, a source with knowledge of the trade told NFL.com's Albert Breer. In return, the Bills sent linebacker Chris White to the Lions, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the deal. ProFootballTalk first reported the transaction.

Following Pat Shurmur from the St. Louis Rams to the Cleveland Browns, Lewis has appeared in only one NFL game. He started the Browns' season finale last year, completing 22 of 32 passes for 204 yards, one touchdown and one interception in a 24-10 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The trade came about for several reasons, not least of which was the Lions' confidence in a stronger-armed Kellen Moore as their No. 3 quarterback.

From the Bills' perspective, it's an apparent concession that Kevin Kolb has no timetable for a return. In fact, it would not be a surprise if Kolb spends time contemplating his NFL future after yet another head injury. It took months -- not weeks -- to recover from his late-season 2011 concussion.

While coach Doug Marrone still is holding out hope that rookie EJ Manuel will recover from knee surgery in time to start the season opener versus the New England Patriots, the acquisition of Lewis is a tacit acknowledgement that it's far from a given.

Seems Doug Whaley has been busy today......

apparantly the bills are concerned kolbs cocussion could be career ending, damn thats tough! Hope hes ok, hate to see anyone get a bad injury

If Leinart doesn't win a spot, the Bills could start the season with Manuel (0 NFL starts), Tuel (0 NFL starts), and Lewis (1 NFL starts).

Has there ever been a less experienced group of QB's to start a season?

If Leinart doesn't win a spot, the Bills could start the season with Manuel (0 NFL starts), Tuel (0 NFL starts), and Lewis (1 NFL starts).

Has there ever been a less experienced group of QB's to start a season?

Not that I can recall in my life. If Manual doesn't have at least a decent season, it's going to be another long one.

Back
Top Bottom