What's our plan at RB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's our plan at RB?

Dobbins/Clyde Edwards helaire/ Akers in Rd 2-3 I perfer Clyde
AND draft another late like Perine/Dillon
or late late/ UDFA Dowdle/Feaster/Dallas
Keep Gaskin on the roster and Samaje Perine and laird battle for the final spot

Draft 1 possibly 2 RB's in the upcoming draft.

Example: if Dobbins or Swift are still available at pick 26; hypothetically, if either or are BPA why not take a chance right then and there?
I could see Miami going running back early. Such a glaring need.

The caveat is that depending which FA has less wear and tear. Not saying that the draft prospects won't have wear and tear as well; however, in the case of let's say Jonathan Taylor he's had what 1,000+ rush attempts and considered a workhorse type?

Opposed to a Dobbins or Swift who've both had less rush attempts than Taylor.
I like Swift the best. I think he'd be potentially dominant in a spread offense.

I would like Taylor more if he didn't fumble every time I watched Wisconsin. I do like his run vision.

Draft is loaded with good RB's.

Christ I'm so tired of talking about OL. every friggin year. But once again for the 9 millionth time first priority OL ! Again First Priority

And Conklin is the first step I'd be making and than step 2, one or the other of Thuney or Scherff. I mean its a no brainer..... Christ we've sacrificed enough and deserve this (IMO)
5 pk lft handed QB
18 pk def.
26 pk LT Jones
rd 2 RB & Center

and fingers crossed I'd love me a AJ Dillon. But man forget about the running back or anything else besides a QB till you FIX OUR GD OL>>>>>>>>>ONCE AND FOR ALL !!!!!!!

I like Swift the best. I think he'd be potentially dominant in a spread offense.

I would like Taylor more if he didn't fumble every time I watched Wisconsin. I do like his run vision.

I don't feel you can go wrong with any of the RB prospects.

Dream scenario is Swift, Akers, or Dobbins first RB selected either at pick 26 or the first round 2 pick.

Also, Taylor (highly unlikely), or Dillon in round 3.

Darkhorse pick is Eno Benjamin.

We are abysmal at RB right now. What's the plan? Henry or Gordon? Draft? Make a stand for what you think the plan should be. I would take Gordon AND draft a RB in second round but haven't yet dug into who it should be.
If you are going to spend $30M guaranteed on Gordon, why draft a RB? And no matter what Miami will be addressing the oline to fix the tremendous pass rush and lack of running game. Miami doesn't need to sign a high-priced back. It is there at the end of rd 1 or in 2.

a lot of teams that have won superbowls in recent years have done so without a marque RB. I wouldnt throw a bunch of money at Henry or Gordon (Henry will probably re sign with Titans anyways). I would draft a RB in the day two of the draft and maybe sign a cheaper RB in free agency.

But we need to focus on fixing the O-line and D-line more than the RB position.

If you are going to spend $30M guaranteed on Gordon, why draft a RB? And no matter what Miami will be addressing the oline to fix the tremendous pass rush and lack of running game. Miami doesn't need to sign a high-priced back. It is there at the end of rd 1 or in 2.
Injury? Change of pace? Benchstrength?

Akers is just as good if not better than Swift and Dobbins. The problem is he was playing for a willie taggart dumpster fire the last two years.

3 OCs, piss poor o-line, and Willie...and he still produced.

Hell, if you want a RB that knows how to deal with a trash o-line...Akers has more experience then anyone

Draft is loaded with good RB's.

Christ I'm so tired of talking about OL. every friggin year. But once again for the 9 millionth time first priority OL ! Again First Priority

And Conklin is the first step I'd be making and than step 2, one or the other of Thuney or Scherff. I mean its a no brainer..... Christ we've sacrificed enough and deserve this (IMO)
5 pk lft handed QB
18 pk def.
26 pk LT Jones
rd 2 RB & Center

and fingers crossed I'd love me a AJ Dillon. But man forget about the running back or anything else besides a QB till you FIX OUR GD OL>>>>>>>>>ONCE AND FOR ALL !!!!!!!
I agree on the OL every year. My Dolphins buddies and I are talked out on that topic. Hard to imagine any team has struggled so badly at fixing what is generally thought as the most easiest fixed portion of the team.

Back
Top Bottom