What's our plan at RB? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's our plan at RB?

I have a feeling once the first RB is selected the run begins. Taylor, swift, dobbins...I can see all going within 5-7 picks of each other
That's usually the way it rolls. Happens with every position, not necessarily early on but once one prime position is selected, panic sets in and they start flying off the boards.

I wouldn’t pay a RB big money based on past performance. While the position has been devalued, a strong running game is critical to success. That starts with the OL but I wouldn’t mind taking Swift in the late first/early 2nd

I can't believe the number of guys suggesting we spend big bucks in the FA market, or use one of our top five draft picks, on RB.

Darn good RB's will be there later on and we have done well drafting late round RB's. Vaughn, Moss, Perine, Kelly, Ackers, Hill, Dillion, Harris, Hubbard........whoever we can get 4th round and later...add a pair.

Draft LOT and a ROT high, get a pair of proven guards in the FA market, maybe add a center in the draft.....and any of the above RB's will be more than "good enough".

We have bigger fish to fry, ones that are costly in FA marketplace like CD, DE, LB, WR. No way I'm drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds with all the needs we have. I'd sooner buy a proven one at a reasonable cost.

Usually editing someone's post is a biatch move but I don't think you're being malicious. And it is pretty funny, I def didn't notice it when typing, Taylor swift. I will man up also and say I do listen to some of her stuff lol, even seen her in concert.

No one on the roster is starting back material.
Two options.....
1. With the discussed Gurley trade, use Gurley and draft Dobbins or Swift late first round or early 2nd as his running mate.
2. Henry would be great, but he will be mega $$. Gordon perhaps, but I would prefer Ekler in Miami.
3. Just use the draft, get Dobbins or Swift, then McFarlane from Maryland in the 6th

Draft is loaded with good RB's.

Christ I'm so tired of talking about OL. every friggin year. But once again for the 9 millionth time first priority OL ! Again First Priority

And Conklin is the first step I'd be making and than step 2, one or the other of Thuney or Scherff. I mean its a no brainer..... Christ we've sacrificed enough and deserve this (IMO)
5 pk lft handed QB
18 pk def.
26 pk LT Jones
rd 2 RB & Center

and fingers crossed I'd love me a AJ Dillon. But man forget about the running back or anything else besides a QB till you FIX OUR GD OL>>>>>>>>>ONCE AND FOR ALL !!!!!!!

I love me somee Conklin. But I do not agree with the possible cost of bringing him on. He is a dominant run blocking RT, but he is about average in pass blocking.

I remain in the developing of your oline via draft, with a few mid tier FAs.

As for RB.....no way do I want one in the draft before round 3.

I can't believe the number of guys suggesting we spend big bucks in the FA market, or use one of our top five draft picks, on RB.

Darn good RB's will be there later on and we have done well drafting late round RB's. Vaughn, Moss, Perine, Kelly, Ackers, Hill, Dillion, Harris, Hubbard........whoever we can get 4th round and later...add a pair.

Draft LOT and a ROT high, get a pair of proven guards in the FA market, maybe add a center in the draft.....and any of the above RB's will be more than "good enough".

We have bigger fish to fry, ones that are costly in FA marketplace like CD, DE, LB, WR. No way I'm drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds with all the needs we have. I'd sooner buy a proven one at a reasonable cost.

These days a fa runningback won't cost you that much. Henry will get paid, but the rest will run you less than a second rate guard.

Last edited:
I’ll trade a 4th in 2020 and 2021 for Gurley and a 2nd. The Rams won’t do it but I’ll be shocked if they find a better deal.

Then use that new 2nd on a RB.

Another thing to remember is Chan Gailey is big on using the runningback in the passing game... big as in it's not uncommon for a back to have 50 or 60 receptions.

You can't keep drafting RB's when your O-line doesn't block for anyone, they need an identity setting physical runner but if the line doesn't block then what's the point, those guys up front need to be ashamed of themselves by getting whipped every single game cashing those massive pay checks like the deserve them.

Back
Top Bottom