What's our plan at RB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's our plan at RB?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We are abysmal at RB right now. What's the plan? Henry or Gordon? Draft? Make a stand for what you think the plan should be. I would take Gordon AND draft a RB in second round but haven't yet dug into who it should be.

We are abysmal at RB right now. What's the plan? Henry or Gordon? Draft? Make a stand for what you think the plan should be. I would take Gordon AND draft a RB in second round but haven't yet dug into who it should be.
I think both of those guys would cost more than I would care to pay.

Perhaps a second tier FA, and a day 2 draft pick.

Draft 1 possibly 2 RB's in the upcoming draft.

Example: if Dobbins or Swift are still available at pick 26; hypothetically, if either or are BPA why not take a chance right then and there?
I have a feeling once the first RB is selected the run begins. Taylor, swift, dobbins...I can see all going within 5-7 picks of each other

My plan is fix the OL and the passing game and it will be a plug and play position for the Fins going foward...
I agree, fixing the O-line will fix the run game, to a large extent, by default.

Very few backs today can be "workhorses" as in previous decades, and I don't think it is prudent to pay top $ for that position.

Apparently not a good year for 2nd level FA backs.

I agree, fixing the O-line will fix the run game, to a large extent, by default.

Very few backs today can be "workhorses" as in previous decades, and I don't think it is prudent to pay top $ for that position.
To be perfectly honest, Im not even sure I'd rather draft a RB over signing one at a decent price in FA... RBs are such a devalued position that I dont see the upside of hitting on one in the draft.

You still have the same risk of other positions but no real upside. Hitting on a RB gives you a 5-6M per player at best, you could almost eliminate the risk factor by signing a proven good one for 3-4M per in FA.

The Frank Gore signing a couple of years ago is a good example of this. I'd much rather sigh the cheap vets and keep draft picks for high upside players.

To be perfectly honest, Im not even sure I'd rather draft a RB over signing one at a decent price in FA... RBs are such a devalued position that I dont see the upside of hitting on one in the draft.

You still have the same risk of other positions but no real upside. Hitting on a RB gives you a 5-6M per player at best, you could almost eliminate the risk factor by signing a proven good one for 3-4M per in FA.

The Frank Gore signing a couple of years ago is a good example of this. I'd much rather sigh the cheap vets and keep draft picks for high upside players.

Heard that Gus Edwards is a FA, and I can't imagine him being expensive. Of course, if he's going to sign for cheap, he might prefer to stay in Baltimore.

The caveat is that depending which FA has less wear and tear. Not saying that the draft prospects won't have wear and tear as well; however, in the case of let's say Jonathan Taylor he's had what 1,000+ rush attempts and considered a workhorse type?

Opposed to a Dobbins or Swift who've both had less rush attempts than Taylor.

Heard that Gus Edwards is a FA, and I can't imagine him being expensive. Of course, if he's going to sign for cheap, he might prefer to stay in Baltimore.
I havent noticed if you usually put up a list of possible interesting undrafted prospect when we get closer to the draft...? If so that'd be the list I'd be looking at if they were to miss out in FA...

The caveat is that depending which FA has less wear and tear. Not saying that the draft prospects won't have wear and tear as well; however, in the case of let's say Jonathan Taylor he's had what 1,000+ rush attempts and considered a workhorse type?

Opposed to a Dobbins or Swift who've both had less rush attempts than Taylor.
Yeah I dont really look for long term anwsers at that position. One reason is that even if you do hit on a great RB, chances are you wont even want to pay for his 2nd contract. Look at the Rams for example, there are actually discussions about how much the Rams would be willing to GIVE UP to get rid of him...

I havent noticed if you usually put up a list of possible interesting undrafted prospect when we get closer to the draft...? If so that'd be the list I'd be looking at if they were to miss out in FA...

It's hard to say who will get drafted, particularly at RB, but I try to list every prospect I have any interest in.

Back
Top Bottom