What's our plan at RB? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's our plan at RB?

Will we see a big play from the RB position in 2020?

Paying Gordon 30m??? This is what this current regime is preaching against. If this admin signs any of these RBs coming off their rookie contract big money I’ll have to question their plan. I thought we got rid of Tbaum

I would like to see an early pick on a RB
Maybe add as I mentioned before someone like a Smallwood with Gaskins
We traded our threat from that position so if our draftee is not a also a pass receiver then just use Wilson out of the backfield on 3rd down

Paying Gordon 30m??? This is what this current regime is preaching against. If this admin signs any of these RBs coming off their rookie contract big money I’ll have to question their plan. I thought we got rid of Tbaum
I would be more inclined to go with Gurley, if the Rams made it worth our while.

He seems to have a much better attitude, and we can easily part ways after 1 or 2 years.

Gordon has already shown he wants a long term, big gauranteed $, contract.

I would like to see an early pick on a RB
Maybe add as I mentioned before someone like a Smallwood with Gaskins
We traded our threat from that position so if our draftee is not a also a pass receiver then just use Wilson out of the backfield on 3rd down
What happens when teams blitz, and Wilson has to pick it up?

Disaster........

What happens when teams blitz, and Wilson has to pick it up?

Disaster........

Good point...
I get slammed but should have just extended Drake

I can't believe the number of guys suggesting we spend big bucks in the FA market, or use one of our top five draft picks, on RB.

Darn good RB's will be there later on and we have done well drafting late round RB's. Vaughn, Moss, Perine, Kelly, Ackers, Hill, Dillion, Harris, Hubbard........whoever we can get 4th round and later...add a pair.

Draft LOT and a ROT high, get a pair of proven guards in the FA market, maybe add a center in the draft.....and any of the above RB's will be more than "good enough".

We have bigger fish to fry, ones that are costly in FA marketplace like CD, DE, LB, WR. No way I'm drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds with all the needs we have. I'd sooner buy a proven one at a reasonable cost.

Hubbard is returning to Oklahoma St. IMO I agree with spending on OG in FA. However, that doesn't mean big spend or overspend on average IOL. A young consistent OG that has been durable thus far will do just fine.

Usually editing someone's post is a biatch move but I don't think you're being malicious. And it is pretty funny, I def didn't notice it when typing, Taylor swift. I will man up also and say I do listen to some of her stuff lol, even seen her in concert.

I cant say I’m a fan but I’m biased, her HS was a rival to mine. I went to a well off, mostly white school, she went to a more wealthy and even whiter school.

If she had grown up 2-3 miles further south I’d be bragging.

im also about a decade older than her so I really don’t care. She’s no Britney Spears.

to make this post somewhat football related I’ll end with this; I like a lot of RBs in this draft so I’m not looking to take one at 26. For me 39 is the earliest. I don’t think the 5th year option works great for RBs because your likely going to overpay or lose the guy after year 5.

give me OL all day and I’ll create a running game.

I’ll trade a 4th in 2020 and 2021 for Gurley and a 2nd. The Rams won’t do it but I’ll be shocked if they find a better deal.

Then use that new 2nd on a RB.
I worry about his knees. I doubt they will sign a top tier FA RB, I think it's a later round pick in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see one in the later rounds and a few undrafted guys brought in to compete.

We should look to the draft. That’s where the value is.

Getting a rb in free agency in his second deal is almost never worth it.

The only time it’s worth it is if you get a guy who split carries and you are getting him on a cheap deal that he can outperform.

Derrick Henry is a beast but he won’t live up to whatever deal he signs. Melvin Gordon is very average in my opinion and he won’t live up to whatever deal he gets either. The chargers offer him 10m a year and like a fool he turned it down sat out half the year and then played and sucked it up.

Edwards-Helaire in 3rd and AJ Dillon 4th problem solved.C.E.H. can do it all and AJ will wear you down and punish you
immediately give us a identity and saves earlier picks for the HOGS

Cheap FA, like Alex Collins, LaMichael Perine, the other Perine and Laird.

A back that Miami could get late on dya 3 of the draft, maybe as an udfa, is Brian Robinson of Alabama. 6' 225 pounds decent speed, good receiver and solid in pass protection. Wasn't a starter with the Tide, but it's easy for backs to get overshadowed there due to the abundance of talent. I'm not saying he's going to be the next Emmitt Smith, but he seems like the kind of back that could carve out a good role in a Chan Gailey offense. I would also be ok looking at cheap options this year and then maybe going after Travis Ettiene next year.

Back
Top Bottom