Whats that player ranking site some guys on here use? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats that player ranking site some guys on here use?

52CANES

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I see some people linking a sight before that ranks the players by position using some kind of formula or something... i can't seem to locate what the URL is.. can someone help me out?

you can use footballoutsiders and profootballfocus

And you can read up on KC Joyner's stuff too.

A lot of those rankings seem pretty stupid if you watch football so I would take anything you get there with a grain of salt.

A lot of those rankings seem pretty stupid if you watch football so I would take anything you get there with a grain of salt.

I like it, if its anything like baseball sabermetrics people. Its nice to see an angle that is purely by analsysis of numbers with no biases... obviously you cant figured everything out strictly by numbers.

KC Joyner is pretty good.

He said Gibril Wilson would be awful in coverage for us as his metrics last year in pass coverage was horrible, Gerbil was dead last in the league before he came here.

He also predicted Randy Starks would be our best D-lineman this season as last year he led the D-line with a very high 27% metric score.

Last summer here nobody knew those things when you read the silly posts about Starks. But Joyner had it spot on. You can learn a lot of things about players, although I admit it is not an exact science, but there are certain things you can take out of it if you understand how their criteria works.

Joyner also predicted many other things around the league that he was bang on about.

All 3 of them work a little differently though. so you have to understand the criteria to make a proper judgement.

It's not perfect, but it's also not "stupid" as you said.

Do they have anything for college players so we can see how they fared with these type of analysis in college?

I don't think it is always wrong, but sometimes I believe the numbers get skewed. So you have to use a little common sense along with the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom