What's the concensus? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the concensus?

Do you think the Dolphins WILL sign Chris Carter.

• Yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Rebar71

OOPS - I did it again!
Reaction score
Do you think we will sign Chris Carter?

Now, I'm not asking if you think we should, I'm asking if you think we will...

It looks like his options are running out. He would be a great a great underneath and red-zone receiver. If you need first downs with the clock running out, he's your guy.

Oh... and one more thing:

"All he does is catch touchdowns." ;)

I can't really say whether or not we will cuz I'm not as plugged in as the rest of you. But I will say that I think any team can benefit from his presence - at the very least, he'll keep opposing defenses honest.

I seriously think that the Dolphins will sign Cris Carter, but he will have to agree to Vet minimum. Just a quick note........If CC signs with us, I believe that this would be only the 2nd time that the 2 starting WRs shared the same first name since the Marks brothers (Clayton & "Super" Duper). They would be special not only because we could refer to them as the Chris brothers, but also that they share initials, CC & CC! :D

I think he is a good enough WR that someone like the Rams will cough up more than us for him, but I would put the chances at 45%

I don't think he'll end up here. The Rams are going after Johnny Morton, but I think that it will fall through and that CC will end up there.

Originally posted by miadphan13
I seriously think that the Dolphins will sign Cris Carter, but he will have to agree to Vet minimum. Just a quick note........If CC signs with us, I believe that this would be only the 2nd time that the 2 starting WRs shared the same first name since the Marks brothers (Clayton & "Super" Duper). They would be special not only because we could refer to them as the Chris brothers, but also that they share initials, CC & CC! :D

Now there's the only reason to go get Carter :lol:

I like the good ole days when our O sounded like a bunch of old Jewish men: Bernie at HB, Irving at WR and backup HB and Stanley at FB ;)

I like the good ole days when our O sounded like a bunch of old Jewish men: Bernie at HB, Irving at WR and backup HB and Stanley at FB

Don't forget Bernie at backup QB as well.

I'll keep my personal feelings out of this and say that the Fins won't sign Carter even for vet minimum, they won't sign him because they have bigger needs.

Now for my personal feelings on Carter,

Being from Michigan and watching the NFC central (I follow the Lions also but not as passionatly as the Fins) I've watch Carter for years with Minn. and he always has been and will be a distraction for the team he plays for.

He is just as responsible for their under achievement as he is for their success.

Yes he has skills but his locker room/sideline/practice antics are not needed in Miami. He's been to one NFC champ. game so it's not like he brings alot of championship experiance to the table either.

He tears players down, throws temper tantrums and then goes on TV and says that he's trying to motivate his teammates, because he's the "team leader" not a leader of the team but "THE leader".
I dislike players that self promote themselves and have matos like "ALL I DO IS CATCH TDs" it shows signs of selfishness.

If they do sign him (IF <--- big if) then I hope he keeps his mouth shut and plays football and dosen't try and take control of the team.

BTW; HI great Mboard i've been reading your posts and it seems like a real cool place, I post on the DT Mboard and heard about this board so I thought I'd check it out. :rocker:

Sorry about the rant about Carter,it's just how I feel about him.

Hellion

:monkey: Chris Carter

Don't worry hellion, I'm with you all the way on this one. He doesn't belong in Miami.

I hope the Fins do not sign him.........Carter should go back to Philly... :fire:

According to this we are the front runners for CC now.
Not good news.
This quote by Dave says it all

Coach Dave Wannstedt acknowledged the Dolphins’ ongoing negotiations with Carter and his new agent, Fletcher Smith. But Wannstedt also said he was undecided about whether to offer Carter a contract.
Could Cris help us win games? I think he can still play,†Wannstedt said Tuesday night at the NFL owners meeting in Orlando. “He’s still a real good football player. But there are a lot of things to consider when you make decisions like this.â€Â

Let it go Dave, the price is coming down because NO one wants a stupid, selfish, player destroying team chemistry.

Can anyone see Carter agreeing to a vet minimum contract after asking 2.5 mill per season? I don't think he can fold his ego that small.

Good stuff at the end of this article though.
McGarrahan is close to resigning, that's excellent.
Albert Johnson is healthy and will compete for the punt returners job. I remember him doing pretty well last year in preseason before he hurt his knee.

My answer would have been "NO" yesterday and any day before that. But after reading today's news, I think we will end up with him at a cheap price. If that's the case, who can complain. He's a great receiver who can make an already good corp stronger. If this deal goes through, I just hope he doesn't become a cancer to the team (which could very well happen). :( Who knows, CC coming to a Super Bowl contending team could give him an extra incentive in trying to fit in with rest of the team. I'm sure if he gets out of line, Daryl Gardner, Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, and Brock Marion will put him in check :evil: . I just hope Wannie thinks this one through thoroughly before they go through with it. Whatever decision he makes, I'm behind him; he's been on roll since he has taken over as head coach and I don't see him slowing up. That's why he gets paid the BIG BUCKS :D .

GO FINS!!!!!!

My two cents...

...is that I think the recruiting team have been very affirmative so far and if we were sure we wanted the guy then we would have gotten it done.

There's a cap scheme whereby you can pay a vet a substancial salary (but virtually no signing bonus) and only count the vet min against the cap. So he might be attainable financially and prudently against the cap. But Wanny would appear to have doubts about whether he's the right fit.

It appears we have £2M under the cap at the moment which leaves little space for draft additions, so perhaps this is the reason for caution (other than the fact he wants to be a Ram and coast to a superbowl appearance).:lol:

Back
Top Bottom