What's the deal w/ Gadsden / O. Gadsden | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the deal w/ Gadsden / O. Gadsden

Bring Back Oronde......He's probably the best Reciever out there right now available....

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Bring Back Oronde......He's probably the best Reciever out there right now available....

I wouldn't mind seeing Gadsden signed, but only at what we are currently offering him--the league minimum ($530k). He would only count about $150k against the cap (vets at min count $450k, and he would replace the 51st highest salary on our team, which is about $300k).

since we only use 3 WR at a time who would be the top 3 if OG signs ?

If you say, CC, Thompson and OG, then McK makes too much (1.5m) to sit and must be cut...things to consider...

If you say, CC, McK and OG, then Thompson our biggest acquisition on O has to sit

It's debatable whether he is the best available. Jax seems to prefer Stokes whom I don't think much of. The question I have is why do we need him? The couldn't hurt argument is weak especially since it might.

Originally posted by rafael

It's debatable whether he is the best available. Jax seems to prefer Stokes whom I don't think much of. The question I have is why do we need him? The couldn't hurt argument is weak especially since it might.

He might not be the best available, but he might be the best for us at the veteran minimum. The positive aspects of bringing him back are: 1) he is a good influence in the locker room (at least he was before his injury last year...perhaps that has changed now); 2) he has good chemistry with Fiedler; 3) he has made big catches in big games; 4) he could be signed for cheap; and 5) he could be a solid veteran back-up should Thompson or McKnight get injured. I know that Baker or Tolver might be able to step up and fill in admirably should one of the top 3 get injured, but that is a big chance to take with a team with Super Bowl aspirations. Gadsden could provide better insurance for such a situation, plus he might be a better target for Fiedler than Baker or Tolver.

I think it's time to move on...OG had good years with us...but we may have others who can do a better job...and it's time to find out..If OG comes backs our prospects wil end up somewhere else and probably bite us in the rear..You can only be good if given a chance..Thompson had his chance last year and was good for the skins..I think he's on the up now and can take another step..McKnight is our speed and deep threat..which keeps CC from being doubled..If we get another WR..we need a deep threat with hands...(that can consistently catch that is)..this last mini camp really don't say anything about our new receivers..and that's what the FO is considering..thus the talks with OG..remember SAM and PAT wasn't in the mix..when they return, then we'll see what we have.

Originally posted by DannyNoonan

He might not be the best available, but he might be the best for us at the veteran minimum. The positive aspects of bringing him back are: 1) he is a good influence in the locker room (at least he was before his injury last year...perhaps that has changed now); 2) he has good chemistry with Fiedler; 3) he has made big catches in big games; 4) he could be signed for cheap; and 5) he could be a solid veteran back-up should Thompson or McKnight get injured. I know that Baker or Tolver might be able to step up and fill in admirably should one of the top 3 get injured, but that is a big chance to take with a team with Super Bowl aspirations. Gadsden could provide better insurance for such a situation, plus he might be a better target for Fiedler than Baker or Tolver.

I agree he would be our best option IF we need another wr. I just don't think we do. Also we might be able to hold off and sign him later if we get an injury. It doesn't look like he is at the top of anyone's list.

I like what Funk said....

When it all comes down to it, we don't need WR O. Gadsden.....

After seeing a large portion of the responses in favor of bringing back WR O. Gadsden, I think it's safe to assume none of you guys have even seen WR D. Thompson is action yet....

He makes O. Gadsden look like exactly what he is....

Slow, old, banged up, and at the end of his NFL career......

Last year, Gadsden didn't really do anything. He dropped some very easy passes as well, and that's not like him at all. After seeing how poorly he produced last year, I can't see any reason what so ever to bring him back....

How can a #4 or #5 WR make our team any better at this time??......That's really all he'll end being for us if he even makes the final roster at all....

JUST SAY NO TO GADSDEN!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!:cap:

I personally like what OG has done on our team. I dont however like the "ransom" situation that occurred late last season. I dont blame him for trying to get what he has deserved from a team that has paid him "back-up" salary for a starting position.. but i just think he went about the whole thing the wrong way. I say give him a darn contract.. let him be #3 cause i DARN sure dont want McKnight there..

:jetssuck:

Yes, he's done good, but I think his time has run out. Who knows if we have the next Hines Ward or Laverneous Coles currently in our 'farm system'.

OG blew it. He left a 750,000 bonus on the table (to go with his actual salary) and now he can't get more than the league minimum! He didn't realize that being slow and not being a game breaker would hinder him. As good as his hands are and as consistent as he is, he just isn't going to get much as a guy that slow.

Since we are only offering him the minimum, he won't cost us much more than a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom