Whats The Deal With Stephone Anthony | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats The Deal With Stephone Anthony

1Dolfan

Starter
Reaction score
As many around here have noticed, anthony stood out when he played for us last year. His athleticism was very noticeable. What do you think miami does with him. To me it seems like he can play any of the LB spots. We have a glut at WLB so where would we plug Anthony?

He's got all the physical traits you want, but lacks great instincts. He'll be in the mix with all the other young guys and given a chance to earn a starting role.

Who knows at this point. He'll get to compete with all the others. Any LB not starting has to play ST's too

Weak or Wide side lb? with his range I put him at wide and let cover TE in the flats and pass off to the SS going down field.

I bet Baker plays before Anthony does. But one thing is for sure. The days of unathletic LBs are over. No more Sheppard or Hulls. Baker, Poling, Anthony, Allen, McMillan even Kiko .These are athletes

I bet Baker plays before Anthony does. But one thing is for sure. The days of unathletic LBs are over. No more Sheppard or Hulls. Baker, Poling, Anthony, Allen, McMillan even Kiko .These are athletes
I’m just glad we’re figuring this out now instead 10 years from now when we’re still trotting out 250 lb linebackers who get beat constantly

Miami signed a UDFA from UNC ... Cayson Collins ... and he is of the very athletic and fast mold as well. Will be a fun position to watch this summer. At the very least there will be some good special teams prospects.

I’m just glad we’re figuring this out now instead 10 years from now when we’re still trotting out 250 lb linebackers who get beat constantly
but we'll see how it works out for us, the only LB with good instincts seems to be McMillan. you need instincts, I hope the lack of instincts for Baker are over exaggerrated. You need athletes with instincts at LB

but we'll see how it works out for us, the only LB with good instincts seems to be McMillan. you need instincts, I hope the lack of instincts for Baker are over exaggerrated. You need athletes with instincts at LB
I can see that being a battle in future drafts finding these types of lbs. it’s kinda like oline now. Very difficult finding a good oline with depth

Weak or Wide side lb? with his range I put him at wide and let cover TE in the flats and pass off to the SS going down field.

He is a MLB or SLB. He started at MLB his first year in New Orleans and did very well, Joe Vitt (Adam Gase's father in law) was one of his coaches. The following year they changed their scheme and he wasn't as good of a fit. I believe I read somewhere that Vitt is a big part of why we traded a 5th round pick for him. I think he has a very good chance to start at SLB next to McMillan in the middle. Alonso and Baker would compete for the WLB.

Kiko may still be cut down the road. I think the Dolphins have conceded this season already. Probably wise on their part. I love all the young talent they added.

They may very well determine that it would be better to eat Kiko's dead cap hit sooner, rather than later.

We now have a lot,I mean a lot, of young athletic talented LB's.

Why keep Kiko around to stunt the growth of our youngsters?

Anthony is still very young himself. He came out early, as did a few of the guys we drafted this year.

Back
Top Bottom