Whats The Deal With Stephone Anthony | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats The Deal With Stephone Anthony

He's got all the physical traits you want, but lacks great instincts. He'll be in the mix with all the other young guys and given a chance to earn a starting role.

This is the definition of a low football IQ even if he has all the physical tools.. This is why he was a 1st round pick and this is also the reason the Saints traded him.

I didn’t like the move when we made it. I think the pick we devoted to him keeps him on the roster another year but I’m not counting on him developing into a starter.

Miami signed a UDFA from UNC ... Cayson Collins ... and he is of the very athletic and fast mold as well. Will be a fun position to watch this summer. At the very least there will be some good special teams prospects.
Watched every game CC played. Very athletic, aggressive, fast LB. I think he has a shot to make the team and contribute.

I think Kiko is better than people give him credit for. He sticks his nose into contact for the running game and also had a game winning pick 6 for us two years ago that showed great instinct. He has all the tools to be a serviceable SSLB. Just get him out of the middle.

You weren’t the only one. What’s the deal with ovaltine?
UnequaledMiniatureIsabellineshrike-mobile.jpg

I think Kiko is better than people give him credit for. He sticks his nose into contact for the running game and also had a game winning pick 6 for us two years ago that showed great instinct. He has all the tools to be a serviceable SSLB. Just get him out of the middle.

I agree the hate is overblown a bit...he was great in 2016 but people quickly forgot that. The question is, is he the best SAM backer on the roster currently? I am guessing he is still better than Anthony. I think Raekwon is set at MLB, and Baker projects at WILL.

I hated the trade when it happened but looking at the talent that was there in round 5 this year, no way we would have gotten a prospect better than Anthony. Former first round pick, we took a shot. He’ll compete and see where it goes from there.

I hated the trade when it happened but looking at the talent that was there in round 5 this year, no way we would have gotten a prospect better than Anthony. Former first round pick, we took a shot. He’ll compete and see where it goes from there.

We could have a good DT or a QB there. So have to disagree. There was no point in trading for Anthony, it was a panic move after the Timmonds fiasco.

Anthony and Baker will battle it out in camp for the starting spot. I like the Anthony trade as it gave us flexibility in the draft. Plus, we play a lot if 2 linebacker sets anyway, so having a rotation at SLB isn't a huge deal.

It is a curious case to say the least. Anthony has a huge upside as seen in his rookie year. He had the injury bug bite his second year and then was traded to Miami after the Timmons fiasco in his third year. It is hardly a desirable situation for anyone over those three years.

1st year - Rookie
2nd year - Injury
3rd year - Trade

I am hoping he regains his form from his rookie season. It would be nice to find a gem out of these back-end trades for once.

its very telling that the Saints spent a 1st rounder on him only to trade him for a 4th a few years later...he did do good at MLB but lacked the instinct to play there so they tried him at SAM where he wasnt any good, then got some injuries....but he will have a shot to compete at SAM, where I have no idea who the heck will be starting there...the wild card for all of this is TJ, cause with Minkah clearly starting, does TJ get moved to LB? If so, where? Kiko is the WLB who could compete against Baker...Rae Mac is the Mike, but who is the SAM?
I hope they arent thinking of moving Rae Mac to SAM...I guess we will see

Watched every game CC played. Very athletic, aggressive, fast LB. I think he has a shot to make the team and contribute.

Being a UNC fan I watched many games. I agree with you. I saw in person one game and not only is he fast but he has fun on the field. Hope he makes it.

. Why keep Kiko around to stunt the growth of our youngsters?

maybe our coaches want someone around from whom our young guys can actually learn things?

He's got all the physical traits you want, but lacks great instincts. He'll be in the mix with all the other young guys and given a chance to earn a starting role.
Exactly.

Anthony lacks instincts and that's why he was traded away. Given the directiin the NFL is going he will be given a chance at Sam and on specials, but he will need to beat out Hull, Poling and maybe Allen for a roster spot.

McMillan is our starting Mike and Kiko and Baker will man the other spots. Anthony and Allen have a shot at Sam, but Anthony's days at Mike are over in Miami. Hopefully he competes well at Sam, because Allen is a pretty decent prospect.

Back
Top Bottom