What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay?

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Isn’t what McVay is doing with the Rams what Gase was supposed to be doing for Miami?

What’s the difference? Why is one becoming a “genius” and the other falling flat on his face?

McVay is an innovator and Gase is a fraud. You might think, how can you call McVay an innovator and Gase a fraud when Gase's teams have scored 54 more points than McVay's. I would then point out that Gase has been a head coach for 16 more games than Mcvay, so only having 54 more points scored is pretty awful.

Isn’t what McVay is doing with the Rams what Gase was supposed to be doing for Miami?

What’s the difference? Why is one becoming a “genius” and the other falling flat on his face?

For starters:

Leaning on Todd Gurley.

Probably much better OLine play than we have.

The above two factors allow Jared Goff to lead an effective offense.

Todd Gurley is the difference. Having an All-Pro workhorse back and top notch run game makes the rest of the team better. I think that is one of our more underrated needs. I wouldn’t be mad if we got ourselves our own Sony Michel in the second round of the upcoming draft.

Maybe Gase should get Zac Taylor back as OC, he helped with Tannehills development.

Exactly, it's hard to make a fair comparison when you have those types of offensive weapons.
Gurley is next level talent!
The rams had gurley during goff’s Rookie year. Bad Jeff Fisher coaching is why they lost to Miami 14-10 two years ago. Rams had one of the worst offenses the first two years of gurley’s career

The rams had gurley during goff’s Rookie year. Bad Jeff Fisher coaching is why they lost to Miami 14-10 two years ago

Fisher may be awful but players do improve in years 2 and 3. I remember Miami crushing Peyton Manning and the Colts on MNF something like 41-0 in the early days of that team.

Fisher may be awful but players do improve in years 2 and 3. I remember Miami crushing Peyton Manning and the Colts on MNF something like 41-0 in the early days of that team.
So are the players not improving under gase like Harris, Parker, etc. Or is McVay bringing out the best in his players unlike Gase?

Back
Top Bottom