What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay?

One of the top young QBs in the NFL. Top defense and defensive coordinator. One of the top skill position groups in the NFL.

So, massive difference.

Shouldn’t we be scoring more points though? I guess we did put up 27 and 28 before everyone started getting hurt so it’s tough to say.
I think we should be scoring more points.

Can't gauge anything whenever the OLine is a shambles, though.

Or when your starting QB is out.

I think we should be scoring more points.

Can't gauge anything whenever the OLine is a shambles, though.

Or when your starting QB is out.
Yeah I guess it’s easy to forget that we were scoring more than years past before the Black Plague killed all our starters dead.

The rams had gurley during goff’s Rookie year. Bad Jeff Fisher coaching is why they lost to Miami 14-10 two years ago. Rams had one of the worst offenses the first two years of gurley’s career

Let's not pretend here. McVay came to a loaded talented team that Fisher helped build.

They were pretty much set at QB, RB and OL.
They had a stud DT in Donald and a few other guys on defense.

What did Gase inherit?

Who is the "etc."

Parker is often hurt, but I think he's a stud when he's on the field.

Harris is now hurt, but flashed (to me) this year before the calf injury.

Minkah is a great talent and seems to be improving game by game.

Tunsil becoming a stud.

Howard becoming a stud.

McCain becoming a very good slot corner.

Godchaux becoming very good.

Vincent Taylor becoming very good.

Undrafted (I think) Jesse Davis starting and holding his own.

Jakeem Grant massive improvement.

I could go on.

I know I mentioned Harris but a lot of these players you mentioned are defensive players which Gase apparently is hands off with. But there’s still no development at TE, I don’t think Parker has gotten better, Drake seems to have taken a step back from last year. O-line is improving I agree but the skill players 3 years in with gase should be improved much more than they are now.

One of the top young QBs in the NFL. Top defense and defensive coordinator. One of the top skill position groups in the NFL.

So, massive difference.
Watched a lot of their game yesterday. Aaron Donald was everywhere. Suh - didn’t hear his name at all. Was odd.

I know I mentioned Harris but a lot of these players you mentioned are defensive players which Gase apparently is hands off with. But there’s still no development at TE, I don’t think Parker has gotten better, Drake seems to have taken a step back from last year. O-line is improving I agree but the skill players 3 years in with gase should be improved much more than they are now.
We don't have enough of them (young skill position players)

We drafted Gesicki high and he's going to need time to develop regardless of coaching.

No WR drafted high other than Parker.

Drake needs to get much more touches. I think he's fine but a victim to our coaches unnatural love affair with Frank Gore.

Watched a lot of their game yesterday. Aaron Donald was everywhere. Suh - didn’t hear his name at all. Was odd.
You usually never hear Suh’s name unless he’s: committing penalties or having a monster game like sacks and fumbles because he’s usually occupying two blockers.

You usually never hear Suh’s name unless he’s: committing penalties or having a monster game like sacks and fumbles because he’s usually occupying two blockers.
So is he helping Donald go on the tear he’s on this year? Was shocked to learn a DT leads the NFL in sacks, QB hits and TFL. Is Suh a big part of this production?

McVay built his offense around what he has a for talent and skill.
Gase took his offense and tried to ram it down the throats of his existing talent and skill.

And yet when Gase was hired, we were told he tailored his offense to his players, and didn’t force his players to fit his offense:

So is he helping Donald go on the year he’s on this year? Was shocked to learn a DT leads the NFL in sacks, QB hits and TFL. Is Suh a big part of this production?
Probably not. Donald has done this before without Suh. He’s that good. Them having Suh is a luxury that Miami couldn’t afford realistically .

Let's not pretend here. McVay came to a loaded talented team that Fisher helped build.

They were pretty much set at QB, RB and OL.
They had a stud DT in Donald and a few other guys on defense.

What did Gase inherit?
Caroo-doodle-do?

Back
Top Bottom