What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay?

Probably not. Donald has done this before without Suh. He’s that good. Them having Suh is a luxury that Miami couldn’t afford realistically .
They are sitting pretty when Suh is your 2nd best DL. Damn. Saints are for real though. They could beat the Rams again come playoff time. Going to be interesting.

Let's not pretend here. McVay came to a loaded talented team that Fisher helped build.

They were pretty much set at QB, RB and OL.
They had a stud DT in Donald and a few other guys on defense.

What did Gase inherit?

Boo hoo, poor Adam Gase didn’t inherit a Super Bowl team.

What’s does everyone think? If gase and McVay switched teams, would Miami be averaging more points and would the rams be averaging less? Not would Miami be as good as the rams are now and vice Versa, just would Miami be scoring more?

If you did nothing but read this board, you’d guess we were 1-8 or 2-7.

For all of his mediocrity, we all guessed that if Tannehill went down, our season would be over. But here we are, at 5-4.

Seems to me that Gase isn't falling on his face, but making lemonade out of lemons.

My read is that Gase had success in moving up the NFL coaching ladder by successfully exploiting player matchup mismatches, whereas McVay has come into Los Angeles with a much broader Offensive philosophy focused on timing and he's had a top RB (Gurley) in peak form. Jared Goff's rapid development as a "system" QB, Cooper Kupp's rapid development as a top slot receiver, weren't just good luck. In contrast, DeVante Parker was a high Draft pick who has struggled to become a genuine threat to Defenses. He has also struggled to stay healthy.

If you did nothing but read this board, you’d guess we were 1-8 or 2-7.

For all of his mediocrity, we all guessed that if Tannehill went down, our season would be over. But here we are, at 5-4.

Seems to me that Gase isn't falling on his face, but making lemonade out of lemons.
This isn’t about the team’s record. This about two offensive guru coaches and why one is excelling and the other, Gase is falling flat on his face. When it comes to his offense, yes he’s fallen flat on his face multiple times. What is now? 19 straight games without an opening drive TD?

This isn’t about the team’s record. This about two offensive guru coaches and why one is excelling and the other, Gase is falling flat on his face. When it comes to his offense, yes he’s fallen flat on his face multiple times. What is now? 19 straight games without an opening drive TD?
His first quarters in general are epic in the wrong way. What is it now? 42 games and only 9 TDs in Q1 counting the playoff game in 2016?

If everyone was healthy I don't think McVay would score any more points here than Gase would have.
I think McVay with a healthy Dolphin squad would have Miami at least averaging 20 pts a game. Gase with the rams would probably drop them to between 25-27 a game

I get that. But your premise is that he’s falling flat on his face, and I disagree.

Let's not pretend here. McVay came to a loaded talented team that Fisher helped build.

They were pretty much set at QB, RB and OL.
They had a stud DT in Donald and a few other guys on defense.

What did Gase inherit?

He was pretty much set at QB, RB and WR and we had a stud DT in Suh and a few other guys on defense. Also lucked out that Tunsil fell to us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom