What's the difference between Moore and Flynn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the difference between Moore and Flynn

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Was watching Lombardi on NFL Network last night and he brought up this point. He was stating that if you want to bring another QB to the team that new QB needs to be a big upgrade from Moore. Yet in his opinion Flynn is not that big upgrade. Flynn is only one year younger and their size and skills are similar. The only advantage to Flynn is his experience with Philbin.

I'm on the fence with Flynn and would support the move if Miami makes it because, hey what do I know. However, it makes since to bring in a Tannehill or the kid from Arizona State, both who have different skills and size, plus younger to grow. Play Moore and let our draft pick grow a couple of years so he can learn. Especially if we are truly in a rebuilding movement again.

Your thoughts on the differences between Flynn and Moore.

I agree totally..If Flynn signs for cheap get him.If he wants big money let him walk.

the diference imo is this......Flynn could turn out to be more than just a back up as for Moore we already know he's nothing but a back up.

Ozzy rules!!

I do not want Flynn. He is not any better than Moore. As a matter of fact, Moore is better, because he has experience and Flynn does not. Experience is the best teacher.

I do not want Flynn. He is not any better than Moore. As a matter of fact, Moore is better, because he has experience and Flynn does not. Experience is the best teacher.
Flynn has experience with our new head coach. If after working with him for 2 years coach Joe believes that he can lead his offence, then I will back him 100 per cent.

Actually I think the biggest difference is accuracy. Flynn does not have a cannon arm but he has better ball placement than Moore. Besides Philbin knows how good Flynn is he spent more time with him than almost anybody related to football. If you cant trust your head coach you should not have hired him.

Moore can do more with less. Just needs some consistency to improve his game. Flynn has barely any experiance, might end up being Kolb 2.0 or hopefully CP 2.0 with a slightly better arm

You have a good point but may have missed the meaning....
Don't know squat about Flynn, but we've seen how experience has helped develop Moore and all jouneymen QB's, and can you honesty say where Flynn could be with that same experience ? Only played 2 games but they were impressive and if Philbin thinks that Flynn has the appropriate upside to develop who are we to differ...
Christ if anybody should know him and at the same time perhaps lay his career on the line for the guy it's Philbin.....Got to trust the coach at this stage and see if he (HC) is the real deal or another make believer from the decisions he will be making....
Also there isn't a big pool of franchise QB's in the market..........

Biggest difference... Moore's accuracy... or lack of. Watching games we could have won last year, Moore's inability to hit receiver's in stride or lead a receiver and allow yards after catch were telling. Against Dallas all we needed was 1 first down in the last 3 series, we couldn't. NYG same thing... Browns, Broncos and the second NE game very similar.

On the surface they have some similarities, but ultimately it is potential. I think we have seen the ceiling in Moore. He has been given his opportunity with both the Panther and the Dolphins. He performs in stretches, than underwhelms in stretches. Flynn represents the unknown. Flynn has not been given the same amount of opportunities as Moore. Flynn's slim body of work gives you hope that the potential is there.

I agree with this. The only thing I can say is that Moore's upside is less than Flynns because he has started over 20 games in his career so he has had much more experience. The problem is we dont know if Flynn's upside is anything at all so again we would be taking a gamble and if I was to take a gamble, I would do it in the draft

Matt Flynn was going to be the top free agent QB, until Manning became available. Theres a reason for that. Though you maybe right that Matt Moore has more experience, Matt Flynn has way more potenial, u know what u will get from Moore. Dolphins better not drop the ball on Flynn.

It looks like Manning wants the same deal like he had with Colts. Do you think Ross should have traded a 5th rounder to get Manning, and just pay him the 28 mil.

We should have a ticker on finheaven somewhere counting how many times the "Philbin knows him better than anyone" point is made. It's true but my god it's getting beat to death. I'm going to go another direction with your question: Flynn has a beard.

Haha! yeah Flynn already has a beard, but does Moore have the potential to grow a beard? thats the real question IMO...

Biggest difference... Moore's accuracy... or lack of. Watching games we could have won last year, Moore's inability to hit receiver's in stride or lead a receiver and allow yards after catch were telling. Against Dallas all we needed was 1 first down in the last 3 series, we couldn't. NYG same thing... Browns, Broncos and the second NE game very similar.

Exactly, flynns ball placement and vision are far superior to moore's, I'm all in for Flynn!

Back
Top Bottom