What's the First Thing You Look for When Miami's Schedule is Released? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the First Thing You Look for When Miami's Schedule is Released?

What's the First Thing You Look For?

• How Many Prime Time Games Miami Has

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • Who Miami Plays Week 1

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • What Week Miami's BYE is.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • How Many SEP/OCT 1pm Home games Miami Has

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • When the Road Division Games are

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • How Many Cold December Games Miami Could Have

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • When Miami Plays in the Closest City to You

Votes: 20 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's a saying in Florida that "the further south you go, the further north you get!"

Its pretty close to the truth. Northern Florida isn't too much different than some of the other Southern States but once you get down here its more like New York or other major northeastern cities. Just with no snow.

Again, no-one in South Florida considers us the south. We consider ourselves the East coast.

To us South means Texas, Georgia, Alabama ect places that are good ole southern states.

We tend to be offended when people call us the South so...no I don't want to be in the South division.
No need to say "again". I can comprehend what I read believe it or not.

So when I write that I want a division of Miami, Jax, Tampa Bay and Atlanta, did you not understand that I'm talking about a GEOGRAPHIC DIVISION? I really don't give a flip what people from south Florida consider themselves as it has NO RELEVANCE on a geographic division. Maybe I should have made that clear. Using your rationale you may as well put Miami in a division with the Chargers, Rams and 49ers since they're very similar as big city teams. How much sense does that make? I mean, how hard do people have to make things? $(#*@!!!!

No need to say "again". I can comprehend what I read believe it or not.

So when I write that I want a division of Miami, Jax, Tampa Bay and Atlanta, did you not understand that I'm talking about a GEOGRAPHIC DIVISION? I really don't give a flip what people from south Florida consider themselves as it has NO RELEVANCE on a geographic division. Maybe I should have made that clear.

You should calm down. Getting so worked up over a division or post is ridiculous. You're going to give yourself a heart attack and noone here wants that.

Second, ill say again or whatever I want. A message board isn't so serious im going to walk on eggshells.

And you're certainly free to. You'll be incorrect but yes, you are certainly free to think that Miami belongs in a snow division. Congrats!!!!!!!!!

How many times we play consecutively on the road. If I recall correctly we've a couple of three game road stretches that I absolutely detest.

Again, no-one in South Florida considers us the south. We consider ourselves the East coast.

To us South means Texas, Georgia, Alabama ect places that are good ole southern states.

We tend to be offended when people call us the South so...no I don't want to be in the South division.
It is quite presumptuous for you to speak for all of "us", don't you think?

Nope, not at all. I expect people are smart enough to know its part hyperbole that means "most of us".
I wasn't going to go here but since you DID, I will too.

This is a big part of your problem. You think you're smarter than everyone.

You're not.

Exactly what this forum needs....... More hyperbole........

I just like to believe in the intelligence of humans. Noone talks for everyone. Not your mayor and not the President, so I feel its fairly plain what a person means when they say so.

The bottom line is that, yes most people in South Florida find the term "Southern" to be somewhat insulting when used to describe the state or people.

Last edited:
I just like to believe in the intelligence of humans. Noone talks for everyone. Not your mayor and not the President, so I feel its fairly plain what a person means when they say so.

The bottom line is that, yes most people in South Florida find the term "Southern" to be somewhat insulting when used to describe the state or people.
Insulting in what way? Is being from the South something derogatory in your mind?

Back
Top Bottom