What's the First Thing You Look for When Miami's Schedule is Released? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the First Thing You Look for When Miami's Schedule is Released?

What's the First Thing You Look For?

• How Many Prime Time Games Miami Has

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • Who Miami Plays Week 1

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • What Week Miami's BYE is.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • How Many SEP/OCT 1pm Home games Miami Has

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • When the Road Division Games are

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • How Many Cold December Games Miami Could Have

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • When Miami Plays in the Closest City to You

Votes: 20 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When do we play in Vegas. I owe my raider pals, they have flown to Deerfield for two games over the past decade with me, so I will have to go out to Vegas with them.

Then I love to come down in October, its so cheap to come down from jersey, all the ankle biters are in school. Plus the golf courses are mint that time of year. I can't wait to see who we are playing at home that month.

For me I always go straight to when Miami has to play in BUF & NE and if it's in December it's a straight "DAMMIT, why am I not surprised?". Probably some curse words in there too if it's like that and BUF & NE don't come to Miami early in the season lol.

Ditto.

A few yrs ago, it was common for the phins to close out the season like...

Week 15 at NYJ, Buf, or NE
week 16 Home vs AFC team not division
week 17 another road division game

When do we play in Vegas. I owe my raider pals, they have flown to Deerfield for two games over the past decade with me, so I will have to go out to Vegas with them.

For me, its a road trip down I15.

Driving thru Central & Southern Utah is tedium defined

p.s. Satellite Radio does help a bit.

When the Bye is. Everything else is important as well but that’s my initial look for.
It seems to me that most of the time Miami's bye is always somewhat early in the season, and that's not fair. I see no reason why byes can't be scheduled in the middle of the season for all teams; you can spread them out over 2 or 3 weeks. With 17 games this year, Game 9 is right in the middle. I say put all the byes in weeks 8 and 9 or 9 and 10, or maybe even 8, 9, and 10. There would still be enough games to televise during those weeks, and since 1/2 or 1/3 of the teams wouldn't be playing the viewers in those markets should get the chance to see match-ups that they wouldn't normally see televised.

It seems to me that most of the time Miami's bye is always somewhat early in the season, and that's not fair. I see no reason why byes can't be scheduled in the middle of the season for all teams; you can spread them out over 2 or 3 weeks. With 17 games this year, Game 9 is right in the middle. I say put all the byes in weeks 8 and 9 or 9 and 10, or maybe even 8, 9, and 10. There would still be enough games to televise during those weeks, and since 1/2 or 1/3 of the teams wouldn't be playing the viewers in those markets should get the chance to see match-ups that they wouldn't normally see televised.
Especially with 17 games now, why can't every team have their byes like usual and then mid season the NFL just takes a week off and give everyone a mid season bye? If they don't want a week of no football in the middle of the season then just give every team a bye between weeks 4-9 and then a 2nd bye between weeks 10-16.

I look at last game of season hoping it's easy lol. Could be huge for playoffs or home field.

I look at last game of season hoping it's easy lol. Could be huge for playoffs or home field.
Are they still doing all division games last week of season? It's gotten beyond old btw. Tired of the same possible 3 matchups to end the season every year now for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom