What's the First Thing You Look for When Miami's Schedule is Released? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the First Thing You Look for When Miami's Schedule is Released?

What's the First Thing You Look For?

• How Many Prime Time Games Miami Has

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • Who Miami Plays Week 1

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • What Week Miami's BYE is.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • How Many SEP/OCT 1pm Home games Miami Has

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • When the Road Division Games are

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • How Many Cold December Games Miami Could Have

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • When Miami Plays in the Closest City to You

Votes: 20 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
last year's first 4 games were brutal so I'm hoping for at least the opener not to be against a top team. It'd be nice to start 1-0 for a change but of course we'll have to play all 17 games at some point.
I'd say houston would be a nice opponent to start against but then again, miami makes every game harder than it needs to be lol

It seems to me that most of the time Miami's bye is always somewhat early in the season, and that's not fair. I see no reason why byes can't be scheduled in the middle of the season for all teams; you can spread them out over 2 or 3 weeks. With 17 games this year, Game 9 is right in the middle. I say put all the byes in weeks 8 and 9 or 9 and 10, or maybe even 8, 9, and 10. There would still be enough games to televise during those weeks, and since 1/2 or 1/3 of the teams wouldn't be playing the viewers in those markets should get the chance to see match-ups that they wouldn't normally see televised.
Usually is yes. Wasn’t last year kind of late? I don’t recall.

Usually is yes. Wasn’t last year kind of late? I don’t recall.
Originally, but it got moved because of Covid schedule adjustments.

Remember, we played the jests both before, and after the bye, thus accelerating the Tua timetable, forcing him to play his first game against that vaunted Rams defense.

Obviously the prime time games as I live out of state but also when we play Buffalo and NE as others have stated. Hopefully Tua is mastering the offense when we play these asswipes.

Bye week. There was a time it seemed like every year we had our bye in week 4 and it would make me nuts.

I always check prime time games. Something special about being only game on. Than I check aways games to see if there is a 3 game stretch.

When do we play in Vegas. I owe my raider pals, they have flown to Deerfield for two games over the past decade with me, so I will have to go out to Vegas with them.
Same, though I’ll be taking a much shorter flight from SoCal.

I chose who we play first.

I tend to look at the schedule game by game and try to determine which I think are easy wins, probable losses and toss ups to come up with a range of wins for the season.

I never understood this.
1. Why not up there in the fall and at home in the winter? Better for both teams
2. I know it's because of division rivalry, but Miami should be in the AFC South. We are the most southerly team in the NFL.

It sounds counter intuitive but most people in South Florida don't consider ourselves "The South"

Like I said its counter intuitive but South means something different to us.

Miami
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Atlanta

That's the division I want/wanted before 2002. It'll never happen. I would have gladly accepted Miami, Houston, Jacksonville and Tennessee as yes, we're a southern team. Indy should have been saddled with the northeast nightmare.

As far as the schedule goes, anyone hearing anything at all? I hoped maybe someone had as it's out Wednesday. Peter King seems to think we're off the table for the Thursday kick off game as the league wants a big bang to kick things off, either Dallas or Buffalo at Tampa Bay. I guess we're still not good enough to move the national needle to accomplish this just yet. Would Dak Prescott even be available on week 1, I'm not so sure?

I usually look for the @ BUF because that’s the only one I can reasonably get down to from Ontario. Tho the rare @ DET is also in play.

Back
Top Bottom