What's The Plan If Miami Goes Quarterback In The First? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Plan If Miami Goes Quarterback In The First?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
It's the biggest question of the offseason. If Miami drafts a quarterback early, how does that shape the remainder of the draft.?

Does anyone think there's a possibility that that Dolphins trade up? I could see a slight move up, but I do think the team holds onto that 2020 #1 pick. Will be interesting to see. I think Haskins will be the first quarterback off the board. Denver is said to be "locked into" Lock, but we know this is the time of the year for smokescreens. That could leave Jones and Murray as possibilities.

Personally, I'm not as high on Jones as others. I like aspects of his game, but not really sold at #13. Murray is a slam dunk IMO if he reaches #13. There could be concerns about how dedicated he is to football.

I think plan A for Miami is to build both the defensive and offensive lines in this draft. But you've got to know they are looking at all these quarterbacks. Grier even said something to the effect that things could change if they fall in love with one of the quarterbacks.

So, if it's a qb in the first does Miami's strategy shift more towards the offensive line than the defensive line?

Last edited:
Why not take Murray? If he’s good, then great. If not we’ll be picking in the top 5 next year. Take another qb.

I agree only one problem, what if he's mediocre? Then we are screwed again. Really good or really bad are good. If he's really bad may as well give him 2 years and go get Trevor. Afterall, Ryan had 7 why not give Murray at least 2.

Why not take Murray? If he’s good, then great. If not we’ll be picking in the top 5 next year. Take another qb.
Why not?

Because he is tiny. I know, but Brees.
He is small, even smaller than that.

He is a hell of an athlete, and good college player, but this is the NFL.

Even if we did take him, 1 season is not enough to judge IMO, so I'm not liking that plan.

Why not?

Because he is tiny. I know, but Brees.
He is small, even smaller than that.

He is a hell of an athlete, and good college player, but this is the NFL.

Even if we did take him, 1 season is not enough to judge IMO, so I'm not liking that plan.

I tend to agree, if your ‘all in’ on a QB, maybe to even trade up this year to get him, cant see moving on after 1 year.

It's not like the Dolphins will draft well and will fix some positional needs in the draft, especially later in the draft. They will not and then cannot. The only thing that matters is the QB.

It's the biggest question of the offseason. If Miami drafts a quarterback early, how does that shape the remainder of the draft.?

Does anyone think there's a possibility that that Dolphins trade up? I could see a slight move up, but I do think the team holds onto that 2020 #1 pick. Will be interesting to see. I think Haskins will be the first quarterback off the board. Denver is said to be "locked into" Lock, but we know this is the time of the year for smokescreens. That could leave Jones and Murray as possibilities.

Personally, I'm not as high on Jones as others. I like aspects of his game, but not really sold at #13. Murray is a slam dunk IMO if he reaches #13. There could be concerns about how dedicated he is to football.

I think plan A for Miami is to build both the defensive and offensive lines in this draft. But you've got to know they are looking at all these quarterbacks. Grier even said something to the effect that things could change if they fall in love with one of the quarterbacks.

So, if it's a qb in the first does Miami's strategy shift more towards the offensive line than the defensive line?
Ummm … throw my hands up in the air, scream "They screwed it up AGAIN!" Hibernate for 6 months and start taking blood-pressure medicine?

Well ... all that, or maybe just crack open a bottle and have a drink.

you not going build ur offense or defense in one draft. some off ur pick are not going pan out. u need used f/a help u out. draft qb is not going kill this team. people act like we are ARI last yr. we were 5-3 at one point last yr. this team need dept

Back
Top Bottom