What's The Plan If Miami Goes Quarterback In The First? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Plan If Miami Goes Quarterback In The First?

PREDICTION?
rocky-iii-33.png

PAIN.

There is not a single scenario in this years draft to move up in the Draft. If our defensive 1st round starter is not there at 13 then trade down. If we could land 2 1st rounders or even a 2nd rounder I would in a heartbeat. If we could repeat in round 2 and pickup another2nd or 3rd round pick we would have 5. That would go a long way repairing the lines.

IMO it is not a good draft to trade down, not from 13. There are a wave of excellent defenders and some of them will reach 13. But once you trade out of that range then it starts to look like a normal draft very quickly, and some people think the mid rounds are weaker than typical.

If we were picking in the 20s I'd be more inclined to trade down

Not a chance I'll be there at 13 in my opinion so we better have an alternative plan in place. I also don't think we'll get anything close to an extra first round for a move out of 13 but maybe somebody was more knowledge can chime in on that

Height is not an issue with me on Murray. The guy has been undersized his whole life in football. He knows how to make it work. He finds passing lanes if there's a few 6'7" linemen in front of him. He finds his guys and runs like everyone is standing still. If I'm called by the team holding pick 7, I think hard about trading up. The guy is a playmaker.

Trade up into the top 5 for Haskins. Not sure how far up we’ll have to go but I’m all in . This kids gonna be a stud
I think so too, but that would probably mean sending that 2020 1st rounder. Which, as we figure, will be a very high pick.

Here's the thing:

If the Chris Grier thinks Kyler Murray (or another QB) is ABSOLUTELY the guy, then go ******* get him. Do whatever it takes. If he feels that he COULD be the guy, and that he would be too good to pass on at 13, but he's not going to mortgage the future of that team on that chance, then do that.

I am of the opinion that the second option is better than the first, although I'd move up for a *reasonable* package.

However, here's what DOESN'T matter in the end:

- My opinion (and I like Murray)
- The opinions of the people who love telling anyone who likes Kyler Murray how stupid they are for thinking that
- The opinions of the people who then turn around and rail the people who were douchebags to the people who like Kyler Murray
- The opinions of the NFL draft projectors, Walter, Steven A, anyone on ESPN or the NFL Network, or the Easter Bunny.

The only thing that matters is the opinion of Chris Grier. And IF he decides to get Murray, I certainly hope he protects him properly with a solid OL. Spend most of the rest of your picks and FA budget shoring that up.

Why not?

Because he is tiny. I know, but Brees.
He is small, even smaller than that.

He is a hell of an athlete, and good college player, but this is the NFL.

Even if we did take him, 1 season is not enough to judge IMO, so I'm not liking that plan.

I'm praying this is the frame of mind that will let him fall to 13.

I was listening to radio the other day and he's listed at 5'10 (right?) but when he walks into a room he looks much smaller than that.

They also went on to talk about that his drop back to pass is so far back, it balances the height problem.

I'm not sure about trading up. We need picks so badly.

But if the regime has done their homework and they're passionate about him, grow a pair and go get the kid.

I don't see it in 2019, especially via trade-up. Putting a rookie QB out there with even the current O-line would be murder, let alone a line with Tunsil and 4 new faces.

And current wrs that can't seem to create space. I've expressed the same fears.

I'd have him sit for a year.

Back
Top Bottom