What's The Plan If Miami Goes Quarterback In The First? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Plan If Miami Goes Quarterback In The First?

No my point is you can't state absolutes that this kid is going to be elite at the nfl level. Not saying you did, but another poster did. You just never know until they get there.

Absoluely.

This is all a crapsoot, man. Not even the experts get it right.

It's going to be a fascinating draft. I can't see Haskins being there at 13. I suspect Murray will be gone by then too. Lock could be there but it depends on how big Grier is on him. We were supposedly balls deep on Baker but the Browns took him at 1 and the domino effect then ensued with QB after QB being drafted.

If we do land a QB in RD 1 I think the rest of the draft should be spent on OL and DL for sure.

It's going to be a fascinating draft. I can't see Haskins being there at 13. I suspect Murray will be gone by then too. Lock could be there but it depends on how big Grier is on him. We were supposedly balls deep on Baker but the Browns took him at 1 and the domino effect then ensued with QB after QB being drafted.

If we do land a QB in RD 1 I think the rest of the draft should be spent on OL and DL for sure.

Completely agree but would be nice to find a diamond in the rough LB or WR.

Miami should be trading as many of this year's picks as possible for better picks in 2020. If there's a team willing to take our 3rd rounder this year and give us their 2nd rounder in 2020, you do it. You pull the trigger on that whenever it is offered.

I don't see it in 2019, especially via trade-up. Putting a rookie QB out there with even the current O-line would be murder, let alone a line with Tunsil and 4 new faces.[/QUOT
Miami should be trading as many of this year's picks as possible for better picks in 2020. If there's a team willing to take our 3rd rounder this year and give us their 2nd rounder in 2020, you do it. You pull the trigger on that whenever it is offered.
why would you do that. last time I check we were 7-9 w lot guy hurt. we should draft qb this yr if it wk u got qb if not go 2020. the main goal is find qb. who can compete w Brady and N.E. to win this div back.

what do u think about Case Keenum as one yr starter?
you can get him for 5th or 6rd pick, or in free agent

ONE of these qb should be draft by dolphins

1. Dwayne Haskins** / Ohio St. / 6'3", 220
2. Kyler Murray / Oklahoma / 5'10", 190

3. Drew Lock / Missouri / 6'4", 223 1st rd
2nd rd talent
4. Daniel Jones / Duke / 6'5", 220 ** 2nd rd
5. Will Grier / W. Virginia / 6'2", 218 *** 3rd rd
6 Tyree Jackson / Buffalo / 6'7", 249 ** 4rd
7 Jarrett Stidham / Auburn / 6'2", 214 5 ** 3rd
8. Clayton Thorson / Northwestern / 6'4", 226 3rd
9 Jordan Ta'amu / Ole Miss / 6'3", 222 4rd
10. Easton Stick / N. Dakota St. / 6'1", 217 * 5 rd
11. Gardner Minshew / Washington St. / 6'1", 224 4th rd

Last edited:
QB in the first this year would be ****ing stupid. We have way too many holes. I’m hearing that Miami is looking to trade for Jacoby Brissett. He is servicable and cheap. Draft a QB in 2020!

QB in the first this year would be ****ing stupid. We have way too many holes. I’m hearing that Miami is looking to trade for Jacoby Brissett. He is servicable and cheap. Draft a QB in 2020!
we are not going fix all them holes in one yr. it take time. all ur draft pick are not going work out.

we are not going fix all them holes in one yr. it take time. all ur draft pick are not going work out.

Exactly then why waste a 1st round pick on one of these QBs in 2019? I’d trade back if Murray fell to us. He was a good college QB but not going to be a long term QB in the NFL behind a line like ours.

It's not that black and white.

Who's available in the 3rd? Are we in love with the guy? Who's fallen through the cracks that can be a helluva steal? Is there a guy like that?

A lot goes into it. You don't take that offer until you're on the clock and sure.

This logic makes 0 sense unless you just aren’t sold on any QBs in this draft.

If you don’t have a QB, that’s your biggest and most impactful hole.

If you can get your guy at 10-13 , go get him. He’ll take a year or two to develop anyway.

Here is an example of Chris Grier thinking.

Chris Grier should've been fired a month ago, he is a clown! He didn't get the QB three years ago when Goff, Wentz, Prescott were coming out. Did not get the QB two years ago when Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky were coming out, did not get the QB last year. Does not want to get the QB this year. Instead he want to pile up picks, as if he did with any of his picks anything of significance in the past. And the narrative is next year the QBs are the right ones, finally. That is an absolute clown show! It is ridiculous that a clown like Chris Grier even has a job, of any kind! Let alone a GM job.

Exactly then why waste a 1st round pick on one of these QBs in 2019? I’d trade back if Murray fell to us. He was a good college QB but not going to be a long term QB in the NFL behind a line like ours.
how do u know it waste of pick. before we draft a guy.

Back
Top Bottom