What's The Plan If Miami Goes Quarterback In The First? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Plan If Miami Goes Quarterback In The First?

Exactly then why waste a 1st round pick on one of these QBs in 2019? I’d trade back if Murray fell to us. He was a good college QB but not going to be a long term QB in the NFL behind a line like ours.

Dude, you know as much about this years draft as you know about next years draft.

This year or next, any of these kids- any- can be a homerun or a swing and a miss.

This is all a lottery. If you're impassioned about a ticket, cash it in. Don't wait until tomorrow let alone next year.

If a special talent happens to trickle like ambrosia from the heavens and fall upon your lap, cash it in.

And if trading down may be the best option, absolutely, cash it in.

Last edited:
Here is an example of Chris Grier thinking.

Chris Grier should've been fired a month ago, he is a clown! He didn't get the QB three years ago when Goff, Wentz, Prescott were coming out. Did not get the QB two years ago when Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky were coming out, did not get the QB last year. Does not want to get the QB this year. Instead he want to pile up picks, as if he did with any of his picks anything of significance in the past. And the narrative is next year the QBs are the right ones, finally. That is an absolute clown show! It is ridiculous that a clown like Chris Grier even has a job, of any kind! Let alone a GM job.
well I agree w you on that. I am still wondering how Grier still got his job. they should of fired everybody in front office. he must have tell them to draft qb.

Why not take Murray? If he’s good, then great. If not we’ll be picking in the top 5 next year. Take another qb.

I agree but we would have to give up a lot to get Murray. Hes not falling to pick 13.

Chris Grier should've been fired a month ago, he is a clown! He didn't get the QB three years ago when Goff, Wentz, Prescott were coming out. Did not get the QB two years ago when Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky were coming out, did not get the QB last year. Does not want to get the QB this year. Instead he want to pile up picks, as if he did with any of his picks anything of significance in the past. And the narrative is next year the QBs are the right ones, finally. That is an absolute clown show! It is ridiculous that a clown like Chris Grier even has a job, of any kind! Let alone a GM job.
Grier has never had final say but rant on.

I agree but we would have to give up a lot to get Murray. Hes not falling to pick 13.

Keep hope alive, brother. A lot can happen from now to April.

Not too long ago Kiper had him at 13. This is a Greg Cote's "yah neva knoooow."

Well, if Miami trades up it likely means no #1 pick in 2020. So, you have to weigh Haskins or Lock versus maybe Tua. Although, a slight trade up could work and not cost the 2020 pick. It really comes down to what the Dolphins think of the quarterbacks. 2020 is certainly not guaranteed so that has to be factored in as well.
very true...I'm going to trust the system instead of myself :)

Exactly then why waste a 1st round pick on one of these QBs in 2019? I’d trade back if Murray fell to us. He was a good college QB but not going to be a long term QB in the NFL behind a line like ours.
I don't care how many dt or ot u get ur not going beat N.E without QB.{ Harris suck as 1st rd pick.}
we waste pick every single yr. why all of sudden u think dolphins go draft great.

I don't care how many dt or ot u get ur not going beat N.E without QB.{ Harris suck as 1st rd pick.}
we waste pick every single yr. why all of sudden u think dolphins go draft great.

A number of teams with average or worse QBs beat NE often. OTOH, a lot of top 5 QBs fail to beat NE. I agree, get a top QB when the opportunity and evaluation meet, but I doubt Miami will pick one just because some in FH want them to. And I place no value in Miami's (or any team's) draft history when the personnel have changed. I suggest you try to temper your pessimism.

The main thing really is that Miami must have a plan to fix the QB problem. That needs to be their top priority and they need to act upon it and do whatever it takes to make the plan successful.

The main thing really is that Miami must have a plan to fix the QB problem. That needs to be their top priority and they need to act upon it and do whatever it takes to make the plan successful.
yes I agree but last GM/H.C hurt dolphins than help dolphins. for example I didn't expect Mohomes to be this good. but I knew Watson was going to be good.

of course they will be trying to draft a qb in the first round.
maybe the first step in fixing the qb problem is getting a good qb.
either by draft or trade but dont sit around for 8 years and do nothing while
tanny chokes.
if we draft a qb and he sucks we immediately get rid of him like the browns did with JM and then go for a new one at once. dont wait years and decades.

Moving up (and sacrificing much needed draft capital) for a prospect like Murray is IMO

off the charts (unnecessarily stupid risky) and IMO fundamentally violates the roster

development protocol I fully expect Grier & Flores to be 1000% committed to.

Building your team with a franchise midget -- I don't see it.

Not remotely.

They will not do it, because they are clowns, idiots. They want to suck, 0-16, but why? So they can be in position to draft a QB who "everyone says" is #1, so that his butt is covered. Chris Grier is a fool. Everybody in that building and associated with it is a clown.
That building needs a complete purge, everyone needs to be fired, everyone, including everyone associated with the Dolphins like former players, everything needs to be stripped of people, and a moral bankruptcy lawyer needs to take over with like a staff of two, for three years.

A GM needs to get 4 excellent quarterbacks on the roster, not just one. Four, so that the coach can choose between four excellent ones which will start and can win the SB. This guy has not gotten a single one, had not even attempted to do so. And to get just one, he needs a #1 overall pick. It's unbelievable, the level of incompetence in that building.

Last edited by a moderator:
well I agree w you on that. I am still wondering how Grier still got his job. they should of fired everybody in front office. he must have tell them to draft qb.

OK. Peeps gonna be down and/or bad on Mister Chris Grier but dudes are forgetting

the MOVES he's already made (see the coaching staff) and (especially relative to

the subject matter) see Marvelous Marvin Allen. So let's be real and pretend we

actually support the same team and give Chris the benefit of the doubt until

he makes a notable blunder -- which I do NOT think he's gonna make.

Hence, no way we go all in midget and neglect the BIGS where the game is really played.

You are assuming that it was his call to make, and I'm not convinced it was.

Personally, I like what he has done as far as staffing, and will reserve judgment.

Back
Top Bottom