What's The Real Problem? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Real Problem?

What's the Real Problem?

• It's everything. A total rebuild, from top to bottom is needed.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Adam Gase. In year three the offense is still putrid.

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters
The wrong guy bought the team and in turned has hired the wrong people to run the team. It starts at the top. Ross is a great person but when it comes to football he just doesn't know how to hire the right people.

Exactly! All the people he has hired since he has owned the team have turned out to be a disaster. He needs to hire a real GM and give that person the control to hire a head coach. The Browns turnaround started when the owner hired John Dorsey as the GM. The same kind of thing needs to happen in Miami or things will never change.

Last edited:
I kind of look at it this way. Tannehill has rarely won games on his own for Miami. Minnesota a few years back was one that comes to mind. He rarely loses games either. I think he was the primary reason for the Cincinnati loss, though. So, Miami can likely do better but I don't see him as the major problem.

I don't know about Adam Gase. I'm very, very disappointed in the offense. I know injuries on the offensive line are a big part of the current issue, but for someone with Gase's background having a below average offense three years in a row is not acceptable. Then again, and this is the hard part, the team is sitting at 3-2. Miami went 10-6 with very little talent and a truckload of injuries in Gase's first year. He has won despite a questionable front office, consistently bad offensive lines etc.

I feel like the major issue is the offensive line and lack of physicality on both sides of the ball. The injury to Sitton really hurt. Miami's line looked formidable early in the season. This is a must fix area, as in bringing in serious talent and depth.

In all seriousness...the REAL problem is Ross. He needs to fire EVERYONE, & hire a legit candidate. Ross is a great owner whose awesome for blowing greenbacks.

We just don't have the right crew to make qualified football decisions.

The real problem is some of you guys must have had your expectations way too high, if those end of the world threads are popping up after a 3-2 start tied for division lead with 2 losses on the road against playoff teams...

The real problem is some of you guys must have had your expectations way too high, if those end of the world threads are popping up after a 3-2 start tied for division lead with 2 losses on the road against playoff teams...
Feels like an eternity since 3-0 and talks of our games getting flexed and Pats stranglehold on the division is finally over. That's the ebb and flow of lofty expectations. I've had the wool pulled over my eyes by the Dolphins countless times in my life, they didn't get me this year.

Exactly! All the people he has hired since he has owned the team have turned out to be a disaster. He needs to hire a real GM and give that person the control to hire a head coach. The Browns turnaround started when the owner hired John Dorsey as the GM. The same kind of thing needs to happen in Miami or things will never change.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They have some nice players and they might be on the right track but we don’t know yet. They won 0 games last year with Dorsey the GM and right now they are 2-2-1. It’s a little early to use them as the poster child for a successful turnaround.

(I heard there's this woman who does great things with the cap...APONTE maybe, HaHa)
HERE WE ARE AGAIN!!!!!! :bang:
Let’s just not go again with Aponte! Just repeats history. No one could possibly know on the outside if she has any good and I bet she’s not that good.

C. Its a combination of cheap oline play combined with the fact that TH has minimal QB instincts and poor ability to make progressions.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They have some nice players and they might be on the right track but we don’t know yet. They won 0 games last year with Dorsey the GM and right now they are 2-2-1. It’s a little early to use them as the poster child for a successful turnaround.

No it's not to early. Mayfield is going to be an absolute stud at QB. He has traits that Tannehill can only dream about. He has that IT factor you can't teach. The Dolphins are going nowhere with this front office, head coach, and QB. But keep drinking that kool-aid to make yourself feel better about rooting for the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom