What's The Real Problem? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's The Real Problem?

What's the Real Problem?

• It's everything. A total rebuild, from top to bottom is needed.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Adam Gase. In year three the offense is still putrid.

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters
Feels like an eternity since 3-0 and talks of our games getting flexed and Pats stranglehold on the division is finally over. That's the ebb and flow of lofty expectations. I've had the wool pulled over my eyes by the Dolphins countless times in my life, they didn't get me this year.

Strong work. Hopefully the rest of us can do better.

The real problem.

Not to be too specific, sporadic to piss poor offensive line play. This is due to injury and lack of quality depth (common throughout the league.

This keeps us from having a consistent and effective running attack, which, combined with the poor pass protection, does not allow the QB (any QB) to function and leads to a poor offense, low points, low time of possession.

No number 1 receiver. If DVP had performed, this offense would be much more effective.

No pass rush complement to Robert Quinn, either from the DTs or the DE on the other side. Cam doesn't seem to be Cam anymore (I hope I'm wrong on this) and the light hasn't fully clicked on for Charles Harris (see DVP, but to a much lesser extent).

Combining the low time of possession of the offense with the aforementioned lack of pass rush (don't even get me started on injuries) is the opposite of a recipe for success. You need to possess the ball on offense if you don't want your defense to get gashed repeatedly in fourth quarters.

There are lesser problems as well, but the above are what is primarily derailing our season to date.

Personnel. Our roster is full of either very young players drafted the last 3 years or aging frre agent injury prone veterans.

Take out Jones, James, Wake, RT, Parker,Akins and Denny there is not a single guy with us 4 years ago.

Thats just 7 out of 53 players and of these 7 Akins and Denny is ST, Wake is robbing father time, Parker is usekess which leaves us a core of James, Jones and RT all 3 have been on IR in the last
year. Not exactly a great core. This is what happens when you clean house like Gase did.

So here we are a very young team with a rusty QB with a entire new offensive cast that were not even on the field when he last players over 2 years ago outside of James, Tunsil and Stills.

Lets count em Drake, Grant were strickly playimg special teams then, Wilson, Danny A, Gore, Giliski, Smythe, Swanson, Davis, Larsen, Ballage were not playing when RT went down.

Folks this is a franchise club without the multble draft picks.

Why we are loosing outside of a broken down offensive line is simply Bill Billicheat outcoached and exposed Gases gameplan that was working until the Pats game. Cinci copied the Pats gameplan and Gase had made adjustments anticipating that but 2 things happened imo Gore hurt his shoulder if u look at some of the replays in that game forcing RT back to the air and then Tunsil went down which was big.

So here are 3 things to look forward too.

On the good side what we saw in Cinc was the birth of our defense. The first identity of this team. The defense always emerges first and we have a good one.

Gase while in Miami has produced decent results with much less talent.

Yes we need do need one more draft to fix this offensive line with or without RT. Look if we draft a decent rookie QB next year and we use multiple picks on him instead of the oline then play him behind this current group he will have a very difficult time suceeding.

So spend the first 4 picks next year on a tall alpha reciever type 3 offensive lineman and see what happens.

In 2020 trade RT etc or get your compensation pick tjen throw all the picks in the entire draft at a QB and roll with that if RT is still the problem.

The real problem.

Not to be too specific, sporadic to piss poor offensive line play. This is due to injury and lack of quality depth (common throughout the league.

This keeps us from having a consistent and effective running attack, which, combined with the poor pass protection, does not allow the QB (any QB) to function and leads to a poor offense, low points, low time of possession.

No number 1 receiver. If DVP had performed, this offense would be much more effective.

No pass rush complement to Robert Quinn, either from the DTs or the DE on the other side. Cam doesn't seem to be Cam anymore (I hope I'm wrong on this) and the light hasn't fully clicked on for Charles Harris (see DVP, but to a much lesser extent).

Combining the low time of possession of the offense with the aforementioned lack of pass rush (don't even get me started on injuries) is the opposite of a recipe for success. You need to possess the ball on offense if you don't want your defense to get gashed repeatedly in fourth quarters.

There are lesser problems as well, but the above are what is primarily derailing our season to date.
Yeah, I agree. I know it's hard to get quality depth in the NFL with player movement being what it is. But, I'd definitely make sure I had depth at qb, offensive line, and defensive line. Miami has some pretty good depth on the DL, but injuries have hurt there as well.

It just seems like every year the offensive line is a problem. It has to be a high priority in the upcoming draft. I'd spend the first pick on best available player, maybe a pass rusher which is still a weakness or a defensive tackle as that position is loaded. But I'd take a lot of offensive linemen early.

As to a number one receiver, it would be nice to have. I think the team can win without one, especially if Gesicki develops.

Offensive line. I watch every game in the NFL, and for many years no one has a line as bad as the Fins this year. Can anyone argue that?

Every year kills me. Before injuries we actually had a chance this year. Ugh. I miss the 70s. And I really miss Dwight Stephenson.

Has there ever been a good team without a good offensive line?

PS. I'm enjoying some beverages.

imo, we’re punch drunk... we been hit upside the head so many times, we can’t think straight anymore... what’s sadder is, if we don’t restart this franchise (and quickly), it just might go away...

Problem-Ross, Tannabaum, Scouting Dept. Gase, coaching staff, Tannehill, Oline, Kiko, TJ McDonald, lack of depth at all positions except QB.

Kiko is the problem lol? Have you actually watched the games?? Not saying hes an elite LB or anything but listing him as one of our top problems is beyond silly

Coaching and OL play are our biggest problems. Ryan is definitely not the problem. Poor kid is beat up and playing with an incompetent OL and for a clueless coach. He's probably pissing blood again or banged up by now. I'm sure he will be a soldier out there Sunday and deliver a great performance.

They have a winning record. They are still looking pretty good this year.

I see lots of folks blaming Gase, he's far from perfect but they lost to 2 better teams.

Their biggest problem is lack of depth and QB.

They NEED to have a developmental QB on the team,

and they NEED an upgrade from RT.

T-bomb is not a good VP/GM. They need to draft and develop QBs.

What’s wrong with the Dolphins?...

The Dolphins don’t run the ball enough
The Dolphins have very little depth
The Dolphins don’t draft well enough
The Dolphins have zero pro bowl talent on offense
The Dolphins run the same screen/draw on every third and long
The Dolphins defense is outta gas in the fourth quarter because the offense can’t convert on third down
The Dolphins punter is wildly inconsistent
The Dolphins have too many three-and-outs
The Dolphins probably have the worst time of possession in the league

The one good thing is the defense is playing pretty well

Back
Top Bottom