What’s The Secret Behind Laremy Tunsil’s Improvement For Miami Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s The Secret Behind Laremy Tunsil’s Improvement For Miami Dolphins?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I'm glad RQ is helping him out. It's too bad he is 10 times faster in practice than the game. It would really help in the game because when you only have 1 move to get to the QB and the rest of the league has figured you out, it really doesn't help on the field.

usatsi_10493065.jpg

DAVIE — Laremy Tunsil’s first season as the Dolphins’ left tackle last year didn’t go as planned. But there’s no question he’s having a significantly better 2018.
“It helped that every day he was going against Robert,” Gase told reporters when asked about Tunsil’s play. “When you don’t have pads on — you guys watched in training camp — Robert has incredible get-off and speed and can cause some issues if you don’t get on him quick enough and figure out a way to get him past the quarterback.
“When you don’t have any pads on, it’s just times that by 10.”
Tunsil sensed it almost immediately.
“I’m glad I’m going against a person like RQ,” Tunsil said in the summer. “He gets me better every practice. Coming off the edge like he does, he’s one of the best pass rushers in the game, for sure.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...laremy-tunsils-improvement-for-miami-dolphins

He’s got his left tackle feet back.

He should at times trust them more and not rock back pre snap because he doesn’t need to try and cheat. Trust your tools. They are elite level.

All starts with his feet

He hasn't given up a sack all season.

He was a top 3 pick until that stupid video leaked. We profited and he is currently one of the best tackles in the league. A shame Sitton went down as that left side could have been really strong.
Didn’t know that he hasn’t been beaten for a sack - impressive.

He looks like he’s gotten bigger as well. I noticed against the Colts his arms were huge.

Ummm secret?

Dude was an elite level pass protector in college, a year at LG and an adjustment to the game and he is back to being elite. The secret is he is just more naturally talented than almost anyone.

I'm so happy for this kid that he finally seems to be getting it, nothing beats hard work and dedication to ones craft. If he can stay healthy, the sky's the limit for him.

I'm sure Quinn helped but I think it's just more him deciding he wanted to be better and putting in the effort.
He's one of those guys you can tell can play better/elite whenever he wants.

Robert Quinn is done and so is Cam Wake.

Quinn and Wake, I'm reluctantly admitting should never be your starting ends. IMO, there's just to much negative against them

1) They can be overpowered quite easily in the running game
2) Their pass rush can be stalemated
3) Their pass rush can be exploited. See the Bills game where teams are starting to allow them up the field so they can play underneath them.

In order for Quinn and Wake to be dominate they need

1) Great DTs that can squeeze the middle
2) Great LB play that can fill the natural gaps they leave between the Tacke/Guard when they're screaming upfield
3) Good coverage in the secondary

Honestly, I'm ready for big and strong DEs.

Luck be had, Miami lucked into Laremy Tunsil. He's finally living up to his immense potential. He's arrived!!! Sometimes it takes an adjustment period and Tunsil learned from his 1st two years in the league. When I watch him play, his quick feet are what stand out the most. If he doesn't make the Pro Bowl I'd be shocked. And that's an understatement!!! Tunsil has a chance to be Miami's best draft pick in a decade.

I'm glad RQ is helping him out. It's too bad he is 10 times faster in practice than the game. It would really help in the game because when you only have 1 move to get to the QB and the rest of the league has figured you out, it really doesn't help on the field.

usatsi_10493065.jpg

DAVIE — Laremy Tunsil’s first season as the Dolphins’ left tackle last year didn’t go as planned. But there’s no question he’s having a significantly better 2018.
“It helped that every day he was going against Robert,” Gase told reporters when asked about Tunsil’s play. “When you don’t have pads on — you guys watched in training camp — Robert has incredible get-off and speed and can cause some issues if you don’t get on him quick enough and figure out a way to get him past the quarterback.
“When you don’t have any pads on, it’s just times that by 10.”
Tunsil sensed it almost immediately.
“I’m glad I’m going against a person like RQ,” Tunsil said in the summer. “He gets me better every practice. Coming off the edge like he does, he’s one of the best pass rushers in the game, for sure.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...laremy-tunsils-improvement-for-miami-dolphins
Maybe it’s because he hasn’t used the bong in a while

Robert Quinn is done and so is Cam Wake.

No way, Quinn will absolutely be back.

In fact I'd argue he's the only real asset we have at DE, did you not see his big sack last week?

As sad as it is, bust Charles Harris is closer to done than Quinn, and he's still just a baby.

Back
Top Bottom