What's the worst referee gaffe in Miami Dolphins history? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the worst referee gaffe in Miami Dolphins history?

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
With the current referee lockout, and the looming possibility that we'll see replacement refs this preseason, it got me thinking what was the biggest error made by the officials in Dolphins history. My question to you is can anything beat the video below?

[video=youtube;cRInQyUV16k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=cRInQyUV16k[/video]

Also, will you be worried if the referee holdout goes into the regular season?

This one was ruled a TD:

finssaints1_medium111-1.jpg

The two already posted are pretty bad. Big Ben's fumble is probably the worst.

I also remember Terrell Owens had a game winning TD catch against us that was one of the worst offensive PI non-calls I have ever seen.

With the current referee lockout, and the looming possibility that we'll see replacement refs this preseason, it got me thinking what was the biggest error made by the officials in Dolphins history. My question to you is can anything beat the video below?

[video=youtube;cRInQyUV16k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=cRInQyUV16k[/video]

Also, will you be worried if the referee holdout goes into the regular season?

The snowplow game was bull****, but IIRC there was no rule against it at the time and nothing the refs could do.

That Roethlisberger fumble a couple of years ago strikes me as probably the worst that I can remember, due to the fact that the replay clearly shows that it was a fumble recovered by Miami and that the ref who reviewed it is a Pittsburgh native.

The pass interference on Jamal fletcher against the pats. That one bad call cost us the game and making the playoffs that year. What a waste of one of the best rushing seasons ever.

"We also have to have clear evidence of the team recovering the ball. After review we do not have clear evidence..."

Gene Steratore is a grade A ****ing scumbag.

Bring on the replacement refs, they can't be any worse.

Do all you older Dolfans remember the 1994 AFC Divisional playoff game at San Diego?? When NATRONE MEANS fumbled at the Dolphins 3 yard line and the ball hit the pylon. The Dolphins got the ball but it should have been spotted at the 20. The refs spotted it at the 1 yard line and the next play, BERNIE PARMALEE was tackled behind the line of scrimmage for a safety!! This was the momentum changer in that game and the Dolphins went on to blow a 22-6 lead in that game which would have set the to the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP to play a very beatable Pittsburgh team.

The first that came to my mind was the snow plow game. Even though there was no rule against it the refs should have used some balls and common sense and respotted the football. I'm sure the Patsies would have lost if there was a protest (assuming the fg was missed). I was at the game agasinst the Steelers and couldn't f'n believe the ruling. Made no sense at all.

Do all you older Dolfans remember the 1994 AFC Divisional playoff game at San Diego?? When NATRONE MEANS fumbled at the Dolphins 3 yard line and the ball hit the pylon. The Dolphins got the ball but it should have been spotted at the 20. The refs spotted it at the 1 yard line and the next play, BERNIE PARMALEE was tackled behind the line of scrimmage for a safety!! This was the momentum changer in that game and the Dolphins went on to blow a 22-6 lead in that game which would have set the to the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP to play a very beatable Pittsburgh team.

That game might of been the biggest heart breaking loss for me ever. Kim bokamper costing us a Super Bowl was another even though I was pretty young watching it

Just thought of another one: The non-call when Revis mugged Marshall last year at the goal line and returned the interception to the house. Should have been interference on Revis. A 14 point swing.

Just thought of another one: The non-call when Revis mugged Marshall last year at the goal line and returned the interception to the house. Should have been interference on Revis. A 14 point swing.

Eh. There are bad calls during every game and in the grand scheme of things that call wasnt going to change the fortunes of last year. The tough calls are the ones that effect the season and the playoffs. That's why the fletcher pi call sits with me. If they don't call it, we win the game and we are automatically in the playoffs. Instead the jets back door in.

The New Orleans call was terrible. We had surprisingly came put strong and were dominating that Saints team until this play. Hard to top the Pittsburg non call. That one meant the game and our season went down the toilet after it.

Eh. There are bad calls during every game and in the grand scheme of things that call wasnt going to change the fortunes of last year. The tough calls are the ones that effect the season and the playoffs. That's why the fletcher pi call sits with me. If they don't call it, we win the game and we are automatically in the playoffs. Instead the jets back door in.

So true about the unfortuate Dolphins. It will be best if they show a little resiliance and determination and overcome blown calls.

Back
Top Bottom